Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolson 60 Piece Screwdriver Set in Blow Moulded Case - £9.99 (€11.79) [Amazon UK]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Good find OP. I see that set has sockets too.

If you just want screwdrivers Aldi currently have a set for 8.99

link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

While not compatible to the product above. Some Lidl branches still have a few of these percision tool sets still left (picked one up in Longford for €6.99. Seems great if you're just after a set of small screwdriver heads of various types for pc / laptop / phone and other such electronic assembly / disassembly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I can only assume that those reviewers who experienced issues need to lay off the whey protein and develop a more gentle touch.

From one of the reviews :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

While not compatible to the product above. Some Lidl branches still have a few of these percision tool sets still left (picked one up in Longford for €6.99. Seems great if you're just after a set of small screwdriver heads of various types for pc / laptop / phone and other such electronic assembly / disassembly.
    Picked a set up today. Great value/quality. Also includes a bendy extension, and the main driver can be extended to 60mm. Mini-snips and tweezers included too.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Esel wrote: »
    Picked a set up today. Great value/quality. Also includes a bendy extension, and the main driver can be extended to 60mm. Mini-snips and tweezers included too.

Are the heads, mag heads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Etnies wrote: »

Not strong, but yes. Tried it on a metal spoon just now (closest thing to hand) and it dragged on it slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sparkinthedart

Thats actually a nice set.

Etnies wrote: »
    Yes. Holds the bit well, but you wouldn't pick up much with it. It should hold a metal screw on the bit OK. As I said, I'm impressed with the quality.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks OP, sure why not for the price. Looks a grand set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I used to do a lot of fixing of laptops/phones and consoles once upon a time and the best screwdriver I ever had for it was this one:

http://dx.com/p/30-piece-electronics-screw-drivers-toolkit-8902-3721

I must have it 5-6 years and I still have and use it. Heads are still in great shape

One negative I guess is the bits are not a standard sized bit, so I'm not sure where you would get replacements (but sure at a $10 delivered you could just buy a new one!)

• Advertisement

I used to do a lot of fixing of laptops/phones and consoles once upon a time and the best screwdriver I ever had for it was this one:

I must have it 5-6 years and I still have and use it. Heads are still in great shape

One negative I guess is the bits are not a standard sized bit, so I'm not sure where you would get replacements (but sure at a $10 delivered you could just buy a new one!)
    Better range of tips in that DX set alright. No snips or flexible extension though, and it does not seem to have the extending shaft in the driver.

Btw, all the bits in the Lidl set are magnetised, so will hold or pick up small screws etc.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, pretty good for the money @ £2.99 plus PM delivery

http://www.ebuyer.com/366059-31pcs-precision-tools-set-ht0279

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭randombar

I'm sure I got the same set from lidl/aldi a while ago the handles snapped off a few of them pretty easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

GaryCocs wrote: »
    I'm sure I got the same set from lidl/aldi a while ago the handles snapped off a few of them pretty easily.

I've bought a few cheap sets, I should've stopped at one.
    If you use them often, it's best to buy a decent set (I find).

I also bought 2 Rotary tools before buying a Dremel. Just a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I bought these on amazon. Shipped to dublin by parcel motel. Oversized! Damn it, moved to finglas. I'll have to go trough m50 toll twice, I seem to be charged €7.50 by PM plus they'll probably charge an extra night cause I couldn't collect today even though I only got the text at 11am, 2 hrs before they close. Crap, I messed up there.

Does anyone know if I can get someone else to pick it up in finglas or does it need to be me with ID?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I bought these on amazon. Shipped to dublin by parcel motel. Oversized! Damn it, moved to finglas. I'll have to go trough m50 toll twice, I seem to be charged €7.50 by PM plus they'll probably charge an extra night cause I couldn't collect today even though I only got the text at 11am, 2 hrs before they close. Crap, I messed up there.

Does anyone know if I can get someone else to pick it up in finglas or does it need to be me with ID?

You can get someone else to pick it up. You may also argue that it was €3.50 when you ordered it. I don't know how succesful that would be, but it's probably true. AFAIK they only raised the prices in the last day or two.

I don't see how that was too big though. :confused:

Person picking up has to have your PMID.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Oversized:eek:

It's showing as 60.5cms on amazon product details (which is still inside locker size ). Im really surprised that the kit is 2 ft wide. Doesn't look like it from the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dodzy wrote: »
    Oversized:eek:

It's showing as 60.5cms on amazon product details (which is still inside locker size ). Im really surprised that the kit is 2 ft wide. Doesn't look like it from the picture.

Could be down to the box it's packed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Could be down to the box it's packed in.

Collected today, the box it came in was massive. You could probably fit a 32" flat screen tv in it. Set itself is grand though so thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Collected today, the box it came in was massive. You could probably fit a 32" flat screen tv in it. Set itself is grand though so thanks op.

Happened me also with Amazon recently, though luckily the parcel was coming to my home - make sure to leave bad packaging feedback for your order!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

I thought i was getting a surfboard in the box it was ridiculous! Must have cost them a fortune to ship it to me in Sweden, could barely get it into the volvo. Far more than the product cost! Left packaging feedback already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

I am down in Galway so had to pay parcel motel the extra 10.50€ to drop it to my house.

Advertisement