Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error accessing file - what to do?

Options
  • 20-10-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I'm on windows seven.

In the last number of weeks I keep getting messages saying that there is a disk error. I went and looked at the event and figured out the problem is with a certain file, here's what it says
    Event 1005 Application Error

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\Prefetch\AgGlUAD_P_S-1-5-21-2732584009-4017119353-65918852-1000.db for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Host Process for Windows Services because of this error.
    When I go to defrag my harddrive it gets stuck on this file.

This seems to happen a lot when I am watching videos with VLC player and Acestream (could just be coincidence) The video stops for a bit and the theme randomly changes to basic for a little before changing back.

My last laptop had a couple of failed harddrives and this one has shown none of the signs they had in terms of slowdown accessing files or whatever... there's no "hanging".

What should I do? Am I right in saying that as it is a prefetch file I can just delete it?

Comments

Advertisement