Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding contests... 12m good today!

Options
  • 20-10-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

I'm not a contester.

I'm not averse to piggy backing a contest to get a new DXCC or band, but I'm not interested in entering.

so while 10m has been bouncing this last week or so, I moved off 10 yesterday to 12m and have racked up a load today

Kazakhstan, & US as well as a load of Europe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

working a pile up into west coast just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I have a big old blank on the west coast.

East coast by the hundred, a fair few mid west, but nothing on the Pacific.... yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

eh, I never have the time to sit down and enjoy the bands when they're open. I only do it after dark, not much DX to have. Anyway, I got my self familiar with JT65 mode, I was working that last night, quite interesting stuff, but since I was using 40m I didn't reach anyone outside Europe. I did hear a Turkish and American station thou, which I never did before on 40m.

I'm using Sandpiper MV5+3 antenna, it's only about 3m tall, so very limited performance on 40m.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mordka

Last night E51NOU was very strong on 12m and 10m CW in my location. Great opening from Hawaii Islands in the morning via L/P as well. Plenty of JA stations on higher bands ... even of FM on 29Mhz ;) Next week CQ WW SSB , good chance for some new ones if you need. Good Luck.

Advertisement