Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Cash For Gold Outlets/Jewellers Limerick City

• 20-10-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I need to free up some cash and have some gold items that I don't particularly mind selling, where in Limerick offers the best rates for buying unwanted gold?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd stay away from those cash for gold type shops that seem to have popped up all over since the recession started. They offer low prices aimed mostly at people desperate for cash. Try the various jewellers around the city is my advice or if you have the time try selling it on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd stay away from those cash for gold type shops that seem to have popped up all over since the recession started. They offer low prices aimed mostly at people desperate for cash. Try the various jewellers around the city is my advice or if you have the time try selling it on ebay.
    +1 on that idea,,these outlets just prey on the poorest and hard done by people by offering crap prices for goods and sell them for huge profits,sell on ebay or donedeal etc or if you have a lot sell at a carboot sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Agree on Jewellers, I think Matthew Stephens buy gold and Noonans on Ellen Street def do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

The price is determined by the current gold price minus whatever commission they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

AFAIK Matthew Stephens and the like only offer credit against future purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

if you wait can wait until the 2nd and 3rd of november, there will be a massive antiques sale out in the south court, at least ten good buyers will be in the one room, all with the intention of buying.

Advertisement