Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Button accordian help.

Options
  • 20-10-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Can anyone help me with finding a simple way to play tunes on the button accordion? I took some lessons, but the instructor moved on so quickly after 4 or 5 classes that I got lost and gave up. But I learned the following- The inside row on a 2 row accordion has the following- 11 buttons! 4th button down is press=C, pull=D. 5th button=E-in, F-out, 6th button=G-in, A-out, 7th button=B-out, C'-in, 8th button D'. And he gave me these notes for 'the leaving of liverpool'

CDE GFED C'AG
    CDE GAGD
    GFE GFE DC C'AG
    CDEGG EDCC

BC'D' BG BD' BD'C' AG
    CDE GGG AGFED
    G FE GFEDC CAG
    CDEGG ED CC

' = high or sharp note (lower buttons)
    I would be grateful if someone could help me or point me in the right direction. I can't read music notes but the example above would be a great step forward for me. My dad passed away over 3 years ago and left 3 accordions. He was very accomplished in sean nós singing and the accordion. I would love the chance to be able to play a few tunes so that the accordion remains a part of our family's tradition. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement