Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Cat cat food

• 20-10-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of/used this food before? They were sponsoring the cat show today so we god loads of free samples, just wondering does anyone know what it's like in terms of quality? Seems quite good value if you use the breeders scheme, €70 for 20 kgs!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sold on Zooplus
    Ingredients: Poultry meat meal (14%), rice flour, maize flour, maize, greaves, poultry fat, beef fat, lamb meal (4%), rabbit meal (4%), liver hydrolyzate, hemoglobin (dried), sugar beet molasses, dried liver, apple pomace (dried, 0.7%), egg powder, sodium chloride, yeast (dried), potassium chloride, barley (fermented, 0.3%), seaweed (dried, 0.2%), linseed (0.2%), chicory root extract (0.04%), artichoke, dandelion, ginger, birch leaves, nettles, sage, coriander, rosemary, thyme, liquorice root, chamomile, meadowsweet, wild garlic.
    (Total herbs: 0.17%).
    So adding up their meats that's 14+4+4+1 (dried liver, estimated) or 23% of the total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Nody wrote: »
    Sold on Zooplus
    So adding up their meats that's 14+4+4+1 (dried liver, estimated) or 23% of the total.

Probably not the best so? I might just go through the samples and see now they go, the guys on the stand gave us a bag of every flavor plus a bag of kitten food. Also won a bag of Real Nature (I think!) in the raffle so the cats are going to be spoiled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I know it's a German company and that their dog food branch are pushing really hard in the UK, sponsoring lots of dog shows and events. I have friends in the UK with working sled dogs that have fed Happy Dog for a good few years and are happy with it, but I also have friends that have swapped, due to winning bags at sponsored events, and have gone back to their previous foods fairly quickly.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help regarding the cat food, but I think the company itself are going to be promoting the brands very heavily in the next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Probably not the best so? I might just go through the samples and see now they go, the guys on the stand gave us a bag of every flavor plus a bag of kitten food. Also won a bag of Real Nature (I think!) in the raffle so the cats are going to be spoiled!
    It's not the best in the world but there are plenty of worse out there that don't have meat as primary ingrident either. If your cats are happy on it then happy days (but the bolded fillers can cause issues with some cats). At the price you qouted I'd say it's fairly priced for what it contains; not a premium price but a middle of the ground level of pricing and the food content matches that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

I've used it but not the normal one, it's the cuisine range I've used. Might not be the best but the cats absolutely loved it and did quite well on it. It's more expensive than the regular one though, about €54 for 8kg on the german zooplus

These are the ingredients:
    Duck meat meal (22.5%), banana flour (19%), potato flakes, potato protein, chicken fat, beef fat, liver hydrolyzate, molasses, dried liver, apple pomace (dried), cranberries (0.5%), sodium chloride, yeast (dried), potassium chloride, seaweed (dried) (0.2%), linseed, (0.2%), yucca powder (0.05%), chicory root extract (0.05%), artichoke, dandelion, ginger, birch leaves, nettles, say, coriander, rosemary, thyme, liquorice root, chamomile, meadowsweet, wild garlic. (Total herbs: 0.14%)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

We use the XL happy cat for our Coon, we find it quite good. We had him on the RC Maine Coon food and it was brutal. He doesnt eat raw so finding a large kibble for his teeth was tough. But in general I think the food is pretty good.

Advertisement