Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Curl wetsuit repairs

Options
  • 20-10-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Has anyone ever sent their RIP CURL wetsuit to the wetsuit repair centre in France? I was wondering what the turnaround time is on the repairs. Are we talking days or weeks here? I have 4 different smallish areas i need repairing and it's free so i might as well send it over. I can make do with an old winter wetty i have, but if it takes weeks to come back i might get a cheapish 5/3 to keep it toasty till mid november.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

You still have to pay postage to France and the hassle of packaging etc, right?

You'd be quicker doing your own repairs, stitching with a needle, strong thread and sealing from the outside with Aquasure (or similar). It only takes a few minutes and then leave overnight.

Come morning, job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Get yourself some black witch. Unless it's a really bad tea you should be able to fix yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bH6iP2zONo

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

Do it yourself, I sent a new suit back on warranty a bit back and it took two months to return!

there's loads of info online and black witch is great stuff!!

Advertisement