Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Drive

Options
  • 20-10-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭

Quick question.

I had a google drive folder on my desktop. When I put files into this folder, it automatically uploads them to my google drive. However, I also notice that a copy of the file is still being kept on the computer.

I can choose the option that certain folders do not automatically sync. However, this means if I want to remove the file from my computer (to save hard disk space) I won't have access to the file or folder via the Google Drive folder. In this case, I'll have to log into my google drive account via a browser.

Is there anyway around this. Is there a way to have a link to a folder in my google drive folder but not have a copy of this folder on my computer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Is there anyway around this. Is there a way to have a link to a folder in my google drive folder but not have a copy of this folder on my computer.

Not really. The only way is not use the Google Drive application and upload your files manually to the Google cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Torqay wrote: »
    Not really. The only way is not use the Google Drive application and upload your files manually to the Google cloud.
    Which will then sync back to their PC ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

advertsfox wrote: »
    Which will then sync back to their PC ;)

How so? If they bin the Google Drive application there will be no syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Torqay wrote: »
    How so? If they bin the Google Drive application there will be no syncing.
    Ah I know sir, just messing :) I use the app all the time too, doesn't really bother me too much until I sync a large amount of content and I'm wondering my the net on my other device is crawling.

Advertisement