Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who in your opinion is the best player in the premiership right now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The thing is though that whether or not he has been better than Ramsey is debatable. Better in terms of stats so far? No. Better in terms of performance? Personally I think so. I realise the comment above me will make this next comment seem ridiculous but you do have to take into account his escapades with Brazil over the summer.
    Look you just have to take a step back sometimes and take bias out of the equation.

Its clear to everybody here that you are always going to pick a Barca player over any other team or a Chelsea player when Barca are not in the equation and of course to try and sound reasonable you are going to pick an ex-Barca player as the next best.

Lets try this another way for you, who is the best non-Barca, non-Chelsea and never was with Barca/Chelsea player in the Premier League right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ozil without doubt,gutted we did not buy him during the summer.Fair play to Whinger and the Gooners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

On form - Ramsey
    Actual talent - Ozil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

This isn't even close...Ozil...with Aguero second. Aguero is the best forward in the EPL. Not the best goal scorer but Aguero is the most valuable forward in the league by a mile. He's also on fire with goals atm which is even greater proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This isn't even close...Ozil...with Aguero second. Aguero is the best forward in the EP. Not the best goal scorer but Aguero is the most valuable forward in the league by a mile. He's also on fire with goals atm which is even greater proof.

Suarez is the best forward in the league, the things he does are just jawdropping. Been a liverpool supporter im probably bias though.:D

• Advertisement

This isn't even close...Ozil...with Aguero second. Aguero is the best forward in the EPL. Not the best goal scorer but Aguero is the most valuable forward in the league by a mile. He's also on fire with goals atm which is even greater proof.

2111045632-suarz-Transfer-news-Arsenal-step-up-bid-for-Suarez-but-Live.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suarez has only scored 6 goals in four games

Aguero has 5 in 3. Before today his record is better than Suarez's. Suarez is a better goal scorer sure, but he's not a better all round player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

After today if we're talkin about right now, it has to be Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mewe wrote: »
    After today if we're talkin about right now, it has to be Suarez.

Right now as in the last 6 hours?

He is a beast though, I'd rate him about the same as Aguero. Similar goal records too. Van Persie is a better scorer again, but with less ability on the ball. And then there's Ozil, who's a completely different kind of player but is sublime too. In short, I can't actually say who's the best at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Right now as in the last 6 hours?

He is a beast though, I'd rate him about the same as Aguero. Similar goal records too. Van Persie is a better scorer again, but with less ability on the ball. And then there's Ozil, who's a completely different kind of player but is sublime too. In short, I can't actually say who's the best at the moment.

My favourite out of those players is Ozil but just on current form and the impact he's havin in games i'd say Suarez pips it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Between Ramsey and Suarez right now. Both are huge factors in where their respective teams are lying in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ooooh, I can't wait for next week. Who's it going to be then?
    Maybe Charlie Adam will get a hat trick, you should add him to the poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

As Individual Talents it's between Suarez and Ozil right now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Suarez as things stand. Super player at minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

he had a great game yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Suarez followed by Aguero then Ozil, my top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ozil. Best in the world in his position and, as has been said so many times before, an absolute clanger by Real letting him go for half of Bale's price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ancelotti's face when the Real told him they were selling Higuian and Ozil and sighing Bale.

hi-res-181988872-head-coach-carlo-ancelotti-of-real-madrid-cf-reacts_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Right now??

Fabio Borini!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Suariddge as my mate likes to call them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

THFC wrote: »
    Ozil. Best in the world in his position and, as has been said so many times before, an absolute clanger by Real letting him go for half of Bale's price.

Do you think he's better than Iniesta? Iniesta just shades it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Morzadec wrote: »

Ozil is a number 10, I don't think he's comparable to Iniesta exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Aguero takes the title off Borini with a thunderbolt beating Cech from an outrageous angle with his left foot.

Best player in the league currently

It's not the same position in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Aguero is a better finisher, Suarez is a better dribbler, tough to choose

As was stated above, they play different positions. Iniesta is more of a midfielder - a very attacking midfielder at that, whereas Ozil plays the number 10 role exclusively.

Torres the current leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Torres the current leader

all hail the king :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

1 - Suarez (hurts to say it)
    2 - Rooney (y'all must've forgot)
    3 - Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't see how Ozil is suddenly the best player the premiership. He will probably fade like most before him. If this poll was done last year Hazard would be number 1. Wilshire was completely overrated not so long ago. Suarez is miles ahead for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't see how Ozil is suddenly the best player the premiership. He will probably fade like most before him. If this poll was done last year Hazard would be number 1. Wilshire was completely overrated not so long ago. Suarez is miles ahead for me.
    What makes you think that Ozil will "fade" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

seems to be a bit of an attack on arsenal players, ozil is one of the worlds best players, explain how he will fade?

Ozil is suddenly the best player in the PL because he is suddenly in the PL:P

If it was done last year I'd have had Mata as the best player. Ozil was, for the past 2 seasons if not longer, one of the best players in the world. Should be no surprise that many people see him as the best in the PL. He's also only just turned 25, and I'd be very surprised, as I'm sure many people would be, if he were to fade. He's a different gravy.

greendom wrote: »
    What makes you think that Ozil will "fade" ?

He might not, why the Madrid get rid of him. I just seem being another hazard. Not saying he won't be a good player for arsenal just don't think he will reach the levels of Suarez and Van Persie

• Advertisement

Aguero and Suarez are pretty much on par for me, both make things happen from nothing. RVP is a different type of player but still class. Then you have Ozil, Mata and other players like that as well. You could have Rooney as well when he's on form.

If all of them are on top form it's impossible to pick who's the outright best, but people will just pick the player from their club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

He's suddenly the best player in the Premier League, because suddenly, he's in the Premier League. Edit: THFC got there first :)

Before, he was just another one of several La Liga players who were better than any of the Premier League's players.

He might not, why the Madrid get rid of him. I just seem being another hazard. Not saying he won't be a good player for arsenal just don't think he will reach the levels of Suarez and Van Persie

Why did Madrid get rid of him? Seriously?

You can't think in a logical way when it comes to what Madrid do, they sold probably the best player in the world in his position and replaced him with a one season wonder for double the price.

The same reason they paid €100,000,000 for Bale. Perez doesn't have a ****ing clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Suarez has been devastating though this year when he has played.

Top 10 player in the world at the moment imo.

• Advertisement

Time will tell. I said the same in the hazard and Wilshire threads and got the same reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Time will tell. I said the same in the hazard and Wilshire threads and got the same reaction.

God forbid 2 youngsters fade a little...

You not seeing the flaw in your logic comparing Hazard (1st season in the league) and Wilshere (2 years of injuries) fading, to Ozil who was one of the best players in la liga for years before making his move.

Context is key, you seem to ignore it.

Hazard and Wilshere hadn't already been star players both for one of the top 4 International teams in the world and for one of the top 4 club sides in the world, for 3/4 years leading the assist charts of world football and being described by many as the best player in his position in the world.

Hazard and Wilshere had some aspect of them that was uncertain, or unproven (if indeed your unsubstantiated claims are true). Ozil has nothing to prove, as anything you could ask for from someone in his role, he has already done.

How much of Ozil had you seen prior to his arrival in the PL? I find it baffling that you are comparing him to Hazard and Wilshere.

Rooney? Seriously? Maybe over the last 5 years yeah he's up there, but it seems this is based off current form and last season in some cases...so Rooney? Ahead of Aguero, Van Persie and even Sturridge? The lad is full of talent but he hasn't been anywere near consistent as the others.

I think Aguero proved again today why he's well up there with the best in the league. Terrific talent and attitude every game, never hides and always an influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Joe Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rooney? Seriously? Maybe over the last 5 years yeah he's up there, but it seems this is based off current form and last season in some cases...so Rooney? Ahead of Aguero, Van Persie and even Sturridge? The lad is full of talent but he hasn't been anywere near consistent as the others.

I think Aguero proved again today why he's well up there with the best in the league. Terrific talent and attitude every game, never hides and always an influence.

Rooney and Aguero played similar minutes last season, both got 12 goals but Rooney got 10 assists to Aguero's 3. Rooney single handedly brought United back into the game yesterday. People seem to just think because he didn't score 30 goals last season he was inconsistent when he missed huge parts of the season through injury. When he gets a consistent, injury free run of games his stats speak for themselves and don't even tell the whole story of him being the creative hub of the team. He hasn't found his form yet this season but still has a 1 in 2 record in the league. For someone who's been "inconsistent" they are some numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Surely on that basis if we're not overestimating the start to the season, then Van Persie is still ahead? On the basis that his last two seasons have both been better than Suarez's, one by a massive margin.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Surely on that basis if we're not overestimating the start to the season, then Van Persie is still ahead? On the basis that his last two seasons have both been better than Suarez's, one by a massive margin.

You could argue he was better than Suarez last season, you would be wrong, but you could argue it if you want.

Van Persie was definitely better last year. He basically won the league for utd, and had no bitey racist incidents whatsoever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement