Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who in your opinion is the best player in the premiership right now?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Silva isn't even the best player at city . I would have Toure and Aguero ahead of him by a fair bit .

As a city fan I think when all three players bring there A-game Silva takes it,
    he is majestic when on top form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

G'wan Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Love to see how many of the votes for Suarez and Ozil where from non supporting fans, I reckon Ozil would be ahead in that case, anyway I still stick by Ramsey, 11 goals I think from midfield and some of them have been unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ozil hasn't been that impressive if you look at all of his games so far in the PL. On the other hand, Suarez has started the season like a house on fire. He's definitely the best at this moment in time anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Arsenal supporter - without doubt Suarez - would walk on to any team in the world and score/create goals - if City or Chelsea had him premiership would be over in January :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ozil hasn't been that impressive if you look at all of his games so far in the PL. On the other hand, Suarez has started the season like a house on fire. He's definitely the best at this moment in time anyways.

omg you dirty Liverpool supporter!!!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm loving the fact that Ross Barkley somehow has more votes than Mata :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

ugsparky wrote: »
    Arsenal supporter - without doubt Suarez - would walk on to any team in the world and score/create goals - if City or Chelsea had him premiership would be over in January :(

I'm a Spurs fan who voted for Suarez. Spurs would be clear at the top if they had Suarez. He'd have to play with a bag over his face though, he is as desicable a character as ever laced a pair of boots (Ok I know he has somebody to do that for him). I hope Madrid come in for him in the transfer window and I can play Fantasy Football with a clear conscience again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is a weird thread. It's based on reactionary analysis. It was Ozil at the start but he's been a bit quieter recently. Now it's Suarez but he'll inevitably have a few quiet games. Then somebody like Aguero or RVP will score a bunch of goals over 10 games and it'll be them. I'm not sure there's much of a point, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is a weird thread. It's based on reactionary analysis. It was Ozil at the start but he's been a bit quieter recently. Now it's Suarez but he'll inevitably have a few quiet games. Then somebody like Aguero or RVP will score a bunch of goals over 10 games and it'll be them. I'm not sure there's much of a point, tbh.
    It's quite interesting though to see how perceptions change even in the short space of time since the thread was opened. I think it will be good if its left open over the course of the season to see who drops in and out and who remains consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just rename it the premier league player of the week thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Suarez would have won it a shed load of times that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

exactly. The fact that Ramsey is even in the poll is laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

evil_seed wrote: »

Yeh 6 goals in 10 games from midfield is pretty ****, my sides are splitting from the laughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Read the thread title, then say that again. Best player in the league this season so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I don't see Paul McShane's name mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Do you even watch football ? Ramsey has been excellent this season so far .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well that ends that until the new year anyway!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Close thread
    Waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

According to UEFA, Suarez is not in the top 8 in the Premier League.

• Advertisement

764dak wrote: »
    According to UEFA, Suarez is not in the top 8 in the Premier League.

If Uefa said it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All that shows is that your original statement was wrong, or at least tabloided up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That's a dire article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Yeah, I can't believe the writers at UEFA are that bad. I don't like ranking players but Suarez is one of the top strikers in world soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah, I can't believe the writers at UEFA are that bad. I don't like ranking players but Suarez is one of the top strikers in world soccer.

How many games did he play in the CL, you know, UEFA's flagship tournament that not one player on the list didn't play in at a quick glance?

I nptice you didn't pick up on Iniesta's absence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Gerard Pique eh
    fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Gerard Pique eh
    fair play

I'm probably like a broken record going on about it but it really does astound me how he's always included in these awards. It's like people have gone blind over the last 2 years.

Advertisement