Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much

• 20-10-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

how much approx is it to go to college in UL including accomadation and everything else??? also, which village is the best to suit a first year student to live in UL???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I get a full grant which covers my fees and extra. To be honest, I get by with about €4000 a year (give or take €100 or so) living costs that include rent, bills, shopping, and going out but then again, I don't drink which considerably lowers the costs. I also budget quite a bit. Costs vary per person. If you're living on campus, it's going to be more. Prices for which can be found http://www.studentliving.ul.ie/index.jsp?p=101&n=117

As for the student village best for first years, it's generally Plassey or Kilmurry. I went to Kilmurry for first year and I loved it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The registration fee to start with is €2500. With Accomodation. on campus is €4400 for the year and off campus works out about €300 a month or so when you include bills and all that.
    Like the last poster,I dont ever drink that much but I still wouldnt like to have less than €50 a week to live off, this would include food and whatever bits and pieces you need. Depending on where you live you might get your bus fare for that too, I dont know alot about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

On campus accommodation can be got for between €3600 and €4000 if you are staying in Plassey or Kilmurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Registration - €2750 next year
    On campus Accommodation - €3600-€4500 depending on where you want to stay.
    I budget about €100 per Semester for books and stationery (depending on your course you might not need this, I just like to factor it in just in case)
    As ryanf1 says, €50/week for food, going out and stuff.

TBH, all the on campus villages are great for first years. I know people who've lived in all five for first year and no one has had serious complaints about any of them. Plassey and Kilmurry are definitely the more first year-oriented ones, but no matter which one you choose you'll likely be living with other first years.

Advertisement