Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking potato waffles?

Options
  • 20-10-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Should they be defrosted for a while or can you put them straight in the oven from the freezer, theyve been defrosting for about 20 minutes now. Would that be ok?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The instructions are on the packet - they're cooked from frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I always cook them from frozen.

When I'm feeling lazy, I put the toaster up to its highest setting and put them in. When it pops up, I turn them upside-down and put them down again.

They always come out perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A new high for this forum

• Administrators Posts: 53,849 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Whack them in the toaster. :D

Thought this thread was going to be about making your own waffles from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Suprisingly they can be microwaved. They should put that on the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

duploelabs wrote: »
    A new high for this forum

don't be so snobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

don't be so snobby.

Come on, there are instruction on the box.
    I don't think BC was being snobby - everyone loves potato waffles!

Come on, there are instruction on the box.

If he's like me though, he'll get home from the shopping and get rid of all the cardboard packaging to make more room in the freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If he's like me though, he'll get home from the shopping and get rid of all the cardboard packaging to make more room in the freezer!

And that's why we cut the cooking instructions off the box, and put them in the freezer bag with the items. We also write the date on it too. And sometimes, depending on how vague the items look, we write what the hell it is on there too. Nothing more exciting than playing freezer roulette.

Is there anyone who doesn't appreciate a good potato waffle?

Birds Eye are definitely the creme de la creme of the potato waffle world. With lashings of tomato ketchup.

I prefer mine a light golden colour, my girlfriend prefers them a darker colour. How do you like your waffles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ForeverYoungx

my friend does hers in the toaster :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It might not be good to toast them in a toaster, I have done it myself though.

If you grill them on tinfoil you will see oil left over. This oil would be falling onto the base of your toaster and all the crumbs may be sticking to it and the oil might go manky.

There is also a new trend of people putting toasters on their sides to toast cheese on bread/toast. If the cheese fell in it would cause trouble, but even if the toaster is on its side with no cheese it might get hotter than it was designed for in some spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

awec wrote: »
    I prefer mine a light golden colour, my girlfriend prefers them a darker colour. How do you like your waffles?

Golden-brown, topped with jalapenos and a thick layer of extra-mature cheddar, then whacked back under the grill for another few minutes.

Best hangover cure ever.
    rubadub wrote: »
    It might not be good to toast them in a toaster, I have done it myself though.

If you grill them on tinfoil you will see oil left over. This oil would be falling onto the base of your toaster and all the crumbs may be sticking to it and the oil might go manky.

The crumb tray of my toaster slides out, I just give it a wipe after doing the waffles. Seemples.

I feckin hate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Lidl ones are nicer than Bird's Eye!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Golden-brown, topped with jalapenos and a thick layer of extra-mature cheddar, then whacked back under the grill for another few minutes.

Best hangover cure ever.

This sounds pretty good! I love waffles, I love cheese, and a bit of kick can do no harm.

This is going on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Toaster.... Fast satisfaction :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Waffle sandwich ftw :)

Grilled until golden then placed between slices of buttered sliced pan (you'll need one and a half waffles). With salt, vinegar and ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I always toasted em. Nop rpobs

I grill 'em bake 'em fry 'em eat 'em - they're wafflely versatile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Waffle sandwich ftw :)

Grilled until golden then placed between slices of buttered sliced pan (you'll need one and a half waffles). With salt, vinegar and ketchup.

Oh my god. :eek:

Putting vinegar on waffles never occurred to me even I love it on chips.

I'm so doing this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Waffles with vinegar and fried eggs. Nommmmmnm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Waffles with vinegar and fried eggs. Nommmmmnm

Waffles with eggs that have been poached in vinegary water, so you get the perfect balance of white to yolk with each bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Two waffles together, colored crispy in the toaster, sandwiched around a pile of grated cheese, pinch of salt on too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Waffles, beans and a fried egg, just like the picture on the box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to crack an egg on top of them when they were done, it would pour through & fill the holes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Waffles, beans and a fried egg, just like the picture on the box :D

Hard to beat that, tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

grilled, then add a slice or two of pepperoni, toast that a little (i like peperoni crispy), then cheese on top and back in teh grill (the sliced meat stops teh cheese escaping into the grill pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Toasted in those toast pocket thingys in the toaster. no mess no fuss.

Then a fried egg on top. Drool.

I don't have any waffles in. What will I do now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Waffles and a tin of Heinz spaghetti. Lived on it as a child. My friend actually made it for my birthday one year. One of the most heart warming moments of my life.

Advertisement