Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History or Home Economics

• 20-10-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I'm stuck on which to do for Leaving Cert,Is there anyone who does these subjects that can tell me which one I'm more likely to get an A1 in for leaving cert? Thank You :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Home Economics (PDF, see page 5).

History (page 22).

History seems to have better results overall, but I wouldn't recommend choosing your subjects on that alone. If you've looked at everything else, though, go for History.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I would not recommend you pick Home Economics unless you have studied this subject before or are extremely academic and well able to keep up with a huge workload.

The percentage of A1s and A2s achieved in higher level Home Economics is quite low. About 9% only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Pang wrote: »
    I would not recommend you pick Home Economics unless you have studied this subject before or are extremely academic and well able to keep up with a huge workload.

The percentage of A1s and A2s achieved in higher level Home Economics is quite low. About 9% only.

I haven't studied home economics but my understanding is that you can get a good grade from knowing your stuff and understanding it. Correct me if I'm wrong, in history, however you have to argue your point which isn't always that easy to do. Even if you know the facts 100% that's only sonethibg like 60 or 80% of the paper,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

The stats are in the links I posted. People simply do better in History overall. YMMV, but not knowing OP I'll assume they fit the distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dylanobyrne1

Ok, History in my opinion is a better subject in every way and is bound to get you more points on the exam. The hard thing about history is there is so much material to study and that can be extremely hard for some people, but if you were listening in class for the past years you should have picked up a lot of it and would be able to write an account on each chapter, you know you're finished revising history when you can write a two page essay on the chapter you were studying.

Hope it helped, Good luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement