Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coding classes for adults

• 20-10-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,
    I'm a bit of a latecomer to programming but am keen to learn more. I've done the Python beginners course on Coursera and really enjoyed it.

The Cork Coder Jojo had an open day during the summer which I went along to and thought was amazing. I was thinking of setting up something similar for adults but instead of it being free, to charge maybe 10 euro per person and use the money to pay the instructor. I mean if we got 15-20 people per night that would surely make it worth someones while

I can see that Coder Jojang for adults was set up but doesn't seem to have caught on. I had a look at their twitter page and the last entry was April last year.

I suppose before I go looking for a premises or anything, I'm looking for advice on whether people think there's the appetite for something like this and and where and who I might contact to get the ball rolling.

Much obliged

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I know there is a women's code still dojo in Dublin but i've been looking for a male orientated one (or both) myself :)

Advertisement