Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin village getting worse?

Options
  • 20-10-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I've been living in Clondalkin village the past 10 years and lately I've noticed a lot more skangers, robbed/burnt out cars and sirens/helicopters around and it seems to be getting worse, yesterday a friend of mine got of the bus at watery lane by Mayfield and got robbed at knifepoint for his iPhone and money, I'm not saying its as bad as bawngoue or neilstown but has anyone else noticed an increase, i'd love to hear your opinions thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Working class area suffers in recession due to less gards and money around

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

masti123 wrote: »
    I've been living in Clondalkin village the past 10 years and lately I've noticed a lot more skangers, robbed/burnt out cars and sirens/helicopters around and it seems to be getting worse, yesterday a friend of mine got of the bus at watery lane by Mayfield and got robbed at knifepoint for his iPhone and money, I'm not saying its as bad as bawngoue or neilstown but has anyone else noticed an increase, i'd love to hear your opinions thanks

You paint a horrible picture of Condalkin.

As someone who was born an raised in Clondalkin and lived here for just under 30 years the answer is plain and simply no.

That part of the village you mentioned has always been a bit rough around the edges, secondly not all parts of Bawnogue and Neilstown are rough nor has in around Watery Lane ever been much better.

Clondalkin has plenty of nice areas and plenty of great amenites such as Corkagh park, the Village is well laid out with some nice shops and pubs.

Like all areas with a population the size of Clondalkin's there will be some undesirables and a lot of nice hard working people but it certainly has not got worse nor is Clondalkin a bad place to live.

Advertisement