Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neanderthals ate stomach content of prey

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And his eyes and nose are too small... I mean they had eye sockets at least a third bigger than ours, so why do the reconstructions give them eyes like two pissholes in the snow? Answers on a postcard to the usual address. :D

I dunno about this idea. Yes some hunter gatherers today eat the stomach contents, but this research to my mind is extrapolating too much(and coming from me... :o:eek:). Other studies have found processed(by cooking) grains in the teeth. Now maybe digestive processes in the hunted animals may account for that, but I don't quite buy it myself.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I suposse they give them little squinty eyes because people who live in very cold climates today like the Inuit or people from the Himalayas have them...

Plus they seem to be in a campaign to improve the Neanderthal's public image from brute wild man-beast to nice, sophisticated and artistic so I guess if they gave them eyes the size they really were, they would look too creepy for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

nice little path they made through the forest

Advertisement