Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think about visual novels?

Options
  • 20-10-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I like the idea.

Anybody know any good ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

can't say I've played any, but Steins;Gate started as a VN so maybe that'd be worth a look?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've played a lot. A good few have been fully fan translated too, though I can't provide links for legal purposes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I've played bits and pieces of some but haven't finished any yet >_< I seem to get bored after a while, I'm not sure exactly why. My favourite one by far though is Fate/Stay Night (almost finished!), mainly cause the anime adaption was so crappy and also because the last (and best) route was never animated (though that looks to change soon yaaaaay).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmmm, I think I'll check the Fate/Stay night one. I saw the anime and I thought it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think I'll check the Fate/Stay night one. I saw the anime and I thought it was good.

You should! The anime isn't a great adaptation and only covers the first route ('Fate' or 'Saber's route'). Have you seen the movie, Unlimited Blade Works? That covers the 2nd route but it's an even worse adaptation due to the limitations of a film! The final route (Heaven's Feel or Sakura's route) was never animated at all but it really 'finishes' the story as such - the other 2 routes are incomplete without it.

Either that or you can wait for Ufotable's new anime adaptation which will hopefully cover all the routes :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Konata wrote: »
    ...first route...2nd route ....final route...Ufotable's new anime adaptation which will hopefully cover all the routes :P

I am so confused! :confused:

I'm playing a free one called Narcissu...

And, yeah, so many feels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I started reading the Fate/Stay Night VN and enjoying it. Very gripping.

Um, bit of a disclaimer, but I am massively paranoid.

I haven't read any visual novels yet, except for a bit of the one I mentioned, but I have read up on forums about them. Don't a lot feature scenes of a sexual nature?

You can cancel them out, thankfully, but still...
    Is that even legal in Ireland?

Advertisement