Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LittlewoodsIreland Buy now pay later XMAS

Options
  • 20-10-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

So basicly I just got a letter in the post their on friday morning
    Its given me a code (which can only be used on my account sadly otherwise I would give it out) that can be used to buy basicly all my christmas shopping now and I dont have to pay anything for up to 6 months
    then at the end of the 6months, the previous 6months interest is all added up and given to you if its not paid within the 6month period

Now of course I'd have it well paid off before 6months, and seen as their is no interest if you do pay it off within that period
    it seems like a good deal :)
    but before I go and commit myself to doing all my xmas shopping with them (I'm quite broke to be honest so it really is my only option and seems like a good one considering theirs no interest in it)
    I'm just wondering have they done this before? has anyone had any problems with it? seems a little too good to be true with them if im honest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

does what is says, but if you're late at all paying it off they'll charge you an APR of 39.9%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Their items are usually more expensive than elsewhere so I wouldn't even consider doing all my Christmas shopping through them although we have bought an odd item from them in the past because we couldn't source then elsewhere. There's nearly 3 months to Christmas so you can buy things weekly as you can afford them between then and now. It makes more sense to spend what you have rather than buying on any assumption you can pay for it in arrears in future. You never know what circumstances can change; leaving you in debt. But that's for yourself to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

There's nearly 3 months to Christmas so you can buy things weekly as you can afford them between then and now.

try telling that to most people.
    you'd swear there was a law against buying/selling anything Xmas related before December the way people react to an idea like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

you'd swear there was a law against buying/selling anything Xmas related before December the way people react to an idea like that.

I've started this month getting stuff each week for my daughter, I would not go down the little woods route could turn out very expensive of you don't make all the payments on time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭chasm

I got this offer from littlewoods too, i think this is about the third time now. I have used it without any issue. Your buy-now-pay-6-months-later purchases are listed on every statement you receive after, with the due date given.

TBH though i don't think i have ever bought anything from them at full price, they have good offers sometimes but their full price works out rather expensive. I have been with them for years but have never paid interest thankfully as i always ensure i pay it off on time.

Personally i won't be doing all my Christmas shopping with them as some of the items i need are a lot cheaper elsewhere but they do have a few 3 for 2 on toys at the moment. Usually if there is only a few euro in the difference i will buy it in littlewoods as the free delivery can be handy sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'm sorry but I live month by month with my circumstances
    I would have to start my christmas shopping in january to even have a few presents for this christmas:pac: times are tough pal, not everyone has a nice cosy life like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Yea they offered this before.

Basically you get a credit facility interest free for 6 months and to avoid interest you must have your account cleared before the time ends.

Some things to note, pay attention to the APR rate and the interest terms should it go over the 6 months. Most of these facilities work from the order date instead of the delivered date.

Also is like any other credit facility/bank loan, a credit check will happen, and it will be subject to ICB reporting, meaning it could effect your borrowing power from another establishment.

Personally I dont avail of such facilities, the credit union is the better option, put some money away each week during the year and you can withdraw in Nov or borrow if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've been using them for years - it really depends on what you plan to get from them. I mostly use it for clothes, but have bought furniture items, electrical goods and other things.

I've had mostly good experiences, never any bad with the clothes. In fact, any issues I've had with them have actually been down to the courier - either not bothering to deliver, or delivering even though the item has been cancelled. But the courier company in question has always caused problems like that for me, so I expected it.

Items generally do come out more expensive than they would normally, but you can get some terrific bargains if you keep an eye out, and a good Google search will show up some handy codes that have saved me a fair few bob!

Advertisement