Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will this router work for UPC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You already have a thread open, and you cannot buy your own CPE with UPC. They provision theirs and wont do 3rd party stuff.

If you want you can bridge the UPC cisco to a 3rd party standalone router.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

ED E wrote: »
    You already have a thread open, and you cannot buy your own CPE with UPC. They provision theirs and wont do 3rd party stuff.

If you want you can bridge the UPC cisco to a 3rd party standalone router.
    I have had an Netgear N600 for 2 years now and am very happy with the dual band which gives me the same download on wireless as a direct connection with an Ethernet cable.I am on 30m at the moment with phone.If i update to the new
    modem and higher speeds will i not be able to use the N600?:confused:

My wireless speed.
    Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 17.59.32.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭moonboy52

huggs2 wrote: »
    If i update to the new

A question i have have wondered too huggs.

My understanding is, from reading various comments, is that we can only bridge routers with the Cisco 3925.

Which is hard to get hold of i believe. That is the only reason i am sticking with 30Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

huggs2 wrote: »
    I have had an Netgear N600 for 2 years now and am very happy with the dual band which gives me the same download on wireless as a direct connection with an Ethernet cable.I am on 30m at the moment with phone.If i update to the new

My wireless speed.
    Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 17.59.32.png

If you're just using it for a high speed wireless access point then sure, just plug and play with the new modem.
    moonboy52 wrote: »
    A question i have have wondered too huggs.

My understanding is, from reading various comments, is that we can only bridge routers with the Cisco 3925.

Which is hard to get hold of i believe. That is the only reason i am sticking with 30Mb.

If you wanna bridge though you do need the 3925. Lighter users probably dont care about delegating the routing and firewall functions, but heavier users may want a faster chip and more control.

Advertisement