Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seedbox

Options
  • 20-10-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering anyone using a seedbox? If so, which one? Im thinking to subscribe for one but Im worried about the download speeds to my machine as i have no idea where the servers will be located?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

I use one, currently I use www.seedhost.eu but have used a number of others in the past, www.seedunlimited.com is another good one.

One thing you have to remember is that most seedbox prodviders do not all you to use public trackers. You need to be use private trackers. So if you don't have access to a number of private trackers a seedbox is pointless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zEmo23

Yea, I have been reading about that (private trackers). A few years ago I had access to a few private trackers but when I moved to Ireland I basically stopped the heavy downloading. Anyway I thought if I get a seedbox could be a good start to get a few invites for some private trackers...

Having a seedbox will not get you an invite to a private tracker. And it's pointless having a seedbox without private trackers.

Get your access to the private trackers first, then get your seedbox.

It takes 5 minutes to have a seedbox up and running, you won't get access to a private tracker too easly.

Alright, Thanks for the advice

Hi again,

So I got my account in a good private tracker but I have a question, do I need to let the tracker admins that I am going to be using a seedbox? Sorry for the noob question.

• Advertisement

Firstly, which tracker is it?
    zEmo23 wrote: »
    Hi again,

So I got my account in a good private tracker but I have a question, do I need to let the tracker admins that I am going to be using a seedbox? Sorry for the noob question.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This thread is looking a bit dodgy so I am closing it. PM me op if it requires re-opening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement