Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newer pro saws?

• 20-10-2013 11:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello everyone, thinking of upgrading a couple of my saws i currently have a husqy 242 xpg and 254 xp, both working great but would like a back up for each one, any suggestions on a newer saw like the 242 with heated handles? and a one for the 254 xp, dont have to be husqy like stihl too. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

Hello everyone, thinking of upgrading a couple of my saws i currently have a husqy 242 xpg and 254 xp, both working great but would like a back up for each one, any suggestions on a newer saw like the 242 with heated handles? and a one for the 254 xp, dont have to be husqy like stihl too. thanks.
    If those two saws are working great I wouldn't be upgrading tbh. They are still saws to reckon with and impressive to use. But if you must the 540xp/241cm for the 242 and a 560xp for the 254;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

The only upgrade I could see would be a 60 or 70cc saw. Those two saws have most the small stuff covered, and should last a long time when looked after properly. The 560XP is a hell of a saw, especially for it's displacement.

Advertisement