Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging Underwear?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

I know you normally can't bring underwear back to shops and I am really thankful for that.
    I bought a five pack of underwear in Dunnes earlier and the first pair I took out of the pack were two sizes larger than the size on the pack. The second pair were the expected size. I don't want to take the rest out in case I end up bringing them back and it looks like I messed them up so I don't know what size they actually are. So can I expect them to fix this or should I just get over it?
    It's not a big deal, I'm more curious than anything about the policy in this case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

In the situation where sizes were different, I would take them back to Dunnes. While they generally have a policy on not taking returns on underwear, if they are at fault (which in this case they appear to be) you will be entitled to have them replaced.

The sizes are different and the product would not be normally re-stocked so this should exclude the non return policy for underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sell the ones you've tried on that don't fit on adverts, lads are queuing up for them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Sell the ones you've tried on that don't fit on adverts, lads are queuing up for them there.

I generally look stuff up if I think someone's just joking but I'll leave it be this time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Aoifums wrote: »
    I generally look stuff up if I think someone's just joking but I'll leave it be this time

There not for me but the going rate seems to be €10, not a bad return on your purchase.
    If someone would pay for mine i'd gladly let them off..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@drunkmonkey - let's not get into fetishes here. Leave that stuff for other forums

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

More than likely some other customer opened them looked at the size and then walked off. Staff tidying up later had a few pairs opened and just threw them back into the box without looking at the size.

Dunnes at fault. Explain to the manger that they are different sizes. More than likely they still have them or someone else may have bought them and will be returning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It has happened to me a couple of times in Dunnes and I have never had a problem returning the pack. I know always go for packs at the back of the rails rather than near the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.dunnesstores.com/returns-exchanges/content/fcp-content
    Are there any items I am not able to return?
    The following items cannot be refunded or exchanged. This does not affect your statutory rights.
    Underwear and boxers
    Swimwear from which the original hygiene seal has been removed
    Pierced jewellery
    Personal grooming items or cosmetics
    Security sealed items where the seal is broken
    Bedding (sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases etc) duvets, pillows, if opened
    Curtains, if opened
    Items without original packaging
    Home delivered furniture
    Gift cards

This is similar to the argos return policy, they are not legally obliged to offer any refund/exchange at all -so can exclude at will, but if something goes wrong you have your usual legal rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

When buying underwear in Dunnes or Penneys it always bodes well to make sure the packet has not been open.

Many people will take the first pair out of the packet to see what they look like, and either ram it back in and take an unopened packet, or they'll just leave them there for staff to put back in. Easy for a larger/smaller pair of underwear to end up in the wrong packaging.

Try your arm at taking them back, but in future, check that the knickers are folded correctly in the packet, and take one from the back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Many people will take the first pair out of the packet to see what they look like

This drives me up the wall. Why do you need to know what boxers look like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Lidl take issue with returning Bra's .....I bought a sports bra one morning and returned it the same afternoon ( too small ..need to do more sport:o ) ...and it became an embarrassing encounter to say the least . I did get a full refund ...but b aware folks :D

Advertisement