Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wedding Videographer

Options
  • 21-10-2013 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I got married 6 months ago. We had a videograpger and he was great. Really nice.

Roll on 6 months later and no video. He was suppose to send us an e-mail with details of what he needs off us to add into the video, music etc.
    So far we've e-mailed him about 10 times each, I've texted him. I've even sent him a tweet on twitter whenever I see that he is on.

The first few times he said he would forward on what was needed. He said it takes 16 weeks to edit and all that jazz and that was on the 16 week mark he said that.
    Now he is just not answering. I know he has a few issues personally and what not but, he was paid in full the week before the wedding.

What can I do? What come back do I have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Phone or send a registered letter.

After that, file with the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Call around and speak to him? Then do what's advised above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

DjangoMc wrote: »
    I got married 6 months ago. We had a videograpger and he was great. Really nice.

Roll on 6 months later and no video. He was suppose to send us an e-mail with details of what he needs off us to add into the video, music etc.
    So far we've e-mailed him about 10 times each, I've texted him. I've even sent him a tweet on twitter whenever I see that he is on.

The first few times he said he would forward on what was needed. He said it takes 16 weeks to edit and all that jazz and that was on the 16 week mark he said that.
    Now he is just not answering. I know he has a few issues personally and what not but, he was paid in full the week before the wedding.

What can I do? What come back do I have?

Ouch! 50% deposit would have been enough. Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Well, we've tried ringing him. He never answers and we've left voice mails. And nothing, he hasn't rang back at all.

My husband is going around to his place today to see if he is there. If after that, a registered letter is going today.

I wish I didn't have to do all this as he was genuinely a nice guy, but now he is actively ignoring us. But the thing is, right now we are not looking for our video (even though by now it should be ready) we just want an e-mail off him tell us what music he needs for the video.

Just do get how unprofessional people can be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

That's what I was thinking!
    People who have gotten married after me, had their video's so quick, but I just put it down to that this guy is always busy! You have to book him well in advance.

Right now at this moment in time he could be away, but we've e-mailed him so many times and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I would be more realistic and say 3-4 weeks to have the final product delivered to you. While, in man hours, it might take a couple of days, I'm sure most would have other jobs going on too.

But, 16 weeks sounds a lot, and 6 months is insane.

Hopefully you will get what you expect, and more, considering the delay and hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

7upfree wrote: »
    Ouch! 50% deposit would have been enough. Sorry to hear that.

Full payment prior to the wedding is industry standard. It's an evil necessity unfortunately.

Sure we paid the photographer up front as well, the week before the wedding.

Just never thought a professional would act this way. Like if something is gone wrong, let us know and we can come to an agreement. Or if we where at him constantly since after the wedding, which we where not.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

we were told 16 weeks but ended up being 24 weeks, it'll normally say 16 weeks in the contract or in the faq on website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Full payment prior to the wedding is industry standard. It's an evil necessity unfortunately.

Crazy stuff. I think a 50% deposit would be fairer. But I can see where they're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭grange mac

if he is from Co Clare...i have come across him before...know a person whi had same problem as you. Tell him you will put up messages on wedding sites about your issue...(be sure not to name him as can be done for slander) but tell him you will publicaly air on the wedding websites etc your issue unless you get your dvd or cash back.

I know 100% is normal but nothing can do about that now....small claims court aint worth much as he has prob threatned with it before...persistance and shaming him will get you your dvd.

Nope not from Clare.

I don't want to have to threaten him (I'm not the threatening kinda person, it sounds funny when I threaten people)

Just fed up at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

small claims court ( only cost 20e to file a claim )

send him an email of the document you signed, he will give it too you straight away :)
    then cancel the claim , they wont ask why because they get so many a day they will be happy to just take the 20e off you and let you be on your way

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    small claims court ( only cost 20e to file a claim )

send him an email of the document you signed, he will give it too you straight away :)
    then cancel the claim , they wont ask why because they get so many a day they will be happy to just take the 20e off you and let you be on your way

Good idea 2Mad2BeMad.

It's horrible knowing he is actively ignoring us.

Advertisement