Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2013 - Post Race Ritual

Options
  • 21-10-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

With the race this time next week, and many people (including myself) a bag of nerves, I thought we could talk about something fun...

What will you be doing for you post race ritual, what are you looking forward to the most?

A nice pint?
    A massage?
    A pizza?

Share your thoughts, maybe give others some ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

All of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

ecoli wrote: »
    Work :(

That is depressing.....very!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Reply not suitable for boards :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

it's been a few years since i did the marathon and have forgotton the pain, this might be completely stupid, if one is able, should you do a warm down?!
    i'm about 2 miles away for the finish so should i try to jog back to hotel.
    then come back into town for pints, previously left showering till the drinkin was done. a bit older and wiser this time around..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

jfh wrote: »
    it's been a few years since i did the marathon and have forgotton the pain, this might be completely stupid, if one is able, should you do a warm down?!
    i'm about 2 miles away for the finish so should i try to jog back to hotel.
    then come back into town for pints, previously left showering till the drinkin was done. a bit older and wiser this time around..
    I really don't expect to be capable of a warm-down afterwards, but some stretching, hydration (and food) and a good walk afterwards will definitely reduce the pain you would otherwise suffer from over subsequent days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Dioralite, banana, pint, walk to hotel, jacuzzi, lunch, feed of beer.

The warm down tent last year was handy, did a few of the stretches and had a chat with a few other runners. It's just down from the bag collection I think. Well worth a visit for a warm down.

Failing that, leeson st isn't too far away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Reply not suitable for boards :-)

Good luck with that.

Gavlor wrote: »
    Dioralite

Do you mean dioralyte ?
    Someone suggested that to me, took one the other day - jaysus it was horrible stuff. Heard it works wonders though

Jacuzzi sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Do you mean dioralyte ?
    Someone suggested that to me, took one the other day - jaysus it was horrible stuff. Heard it works wonders though

Jacuzzi sounds good

Yup, can I blame predictive text for my mis--spelling??!!

It's f€ckin rank, but it does the job. Very good for ensuring you last the distance for the real challenge ie 12 hours of boozing after the run ;)

• Advertisement

It's ok I just wanted to confirm you mean the same thing.

It's nasty stuff, mother of god! I couldn't even finish it. But i'm going to try and get one into me post marathon this year. Not looking forward to it.

Good suggestion thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Burgerking followed by pints.
    Luckily as a pacer I will have access to a shower after the race but otherwise it would be a quick wash in the toilet mid pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Diarolyte comes in several flavours. The citrus tastes fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

menoscemo wrote: »
    Burgerking followed by pints.
    Luckily as a pacer I will have access to a shower after the race but otherwise it would be a quick wash in the toilet mid pints.

BurgerKing before a feed of pints?

You are a disgrace to the pacing community...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Reassure Meno that he owes me a pint from the previous year's marathon after 6pm in the evening.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Anyone know of a place in the city center that does gluten free pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Ruubot2 wrote: »

Milano's. They're decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Ruubot2 wrote: »

Credos do gluten free pizza, will be definitely savaging one of theirs after.

Don't forget Beshoffs fish and chips are gluten free as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Credo is totally your best bet with the gluten free pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Having tried both Credo's and Milano's GF pizzas, I'd definitely favour Milano's. The base was much nicer in my opinion.

I was hoping to get Steak & Chips, but I don't know of anywhere that serves a good steak, that will fry the chips separately to other glutenous food.. Anyone know anywhere???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭**Portia**

Having tried both Credo's and Milano's GF pizzas, I'd definitely favour Milano's. The base was much nicer in my opinion.

I was hoping to get Steak & Chips, but I don't know of anywhere that serves a good steak, that will fry the chips separately to other glutenous food.. Anyone know anywhere???

Hells pizza also does one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

**Portia** wrote: »
    Hells pizza also does one

They've closed down, unfortunately. Never had their GF, but had their regular pizzas before I was diagnosed Coeliac, and they were really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Had Credos for tea on Sunday night, tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I adopt a strict rehydration strategy ;)

Advertisement