Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond Rings -Looking for advice

Options
  • 21-10-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi ladies, looking to buy a diamond ring for my wife for Xmas, can anybody recommend somewhere in Dublin to get one, looking to spend around €1,500 but don't want it to look like an engagement ring.
    Thanks in advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Happy Ring House?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Try Seamus at Voltaire Diamonds.. they build rings to your exact spec and they charge Antwerp prices for the diamonds.. or pretty close anyway.

You'll find more details and reviews on them in the Weddings forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I know a great guy in Kilkenny if you are willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Bodidly

If she likes antique/vintage jewellery, try Rhinestones on Suffolk St. Gorgeous things that are so unique. Have been lucky enough to get a couple of beautiful gifts from there and have bought there for others. Was like a kid in a candy store!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

xzanti wrote: »
    Try Seamus at Voltaire Diamonds.. they build rings to your exact spec and they charge Antwerp prices for the diamonds.. or pretty close anyway.

You'll find more details and reviews on them in the Weddings forum.
    Thanks, would prefer to just pick one already made, wouldn't have the know how to design one, would end up in a panic:eek:

• Advertisement

Bodidly wrote: »
    If she likes antique/vintage jewellery, try Rhinestones on Suffolk St. Gorgeous things that are so unique. Have been lucky enough to get a couple of beautiful gifts from there and have bought there for others. Was like a kid in a candy store!

Thanks, will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

keng66 wrote: »
    Thanks, would prefer to just pick one already made, wouldn't have the know how to design one, would end up in a panic:eek:

When you go to Voltaire they will show you ready made rings. When you pick the style you like he will get this made for your budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm not familliar with Dublin jewellers but I've found in the past that you can often get a lot more for your money with smaller independent jewellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Give her a pearl necklace instead. It's something you can both enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

In my experience picking jewelry can be tricky plus the actual shopping experience is something that some people like as much so maybe consider bringing the other half out shopping for the ring instead of worrying about picking the right one.

• Advertisement

macgabhs wrote: »
    In my experience picking jewelry can be tricky plus the actual shopping experience is something that some people like as much so maybe consider bringing the other half out shopping for the ring instead of worrying about picking the right one.

Thanks but it would ruin the surprise element and also she could never decide on one herself and wouldn't let me spend the money:D. Have an appointment with Voltaire Diamonds today as per suggestions above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I have a beautiful Chopard ring that I got in Weirs (Ilac Centre and Grafton St), exactly a diamond, but not engagementy (I had just given back the engagement ring but that's a whole other story!). Everyone comments on it - was about 1400 euro

Thanks for all the comments, had the meeting with Voltaire, some lovely suff there,ended up spending more that I wanted too:eek:

Advertisement