Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Line

• 21-10-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

I have a telephone coming into my house by the front door. The cable is 2 core copper cables (not connected to any junction box). My question is will this be suitable for a broadband connection from Eircom/Magnet etc or will they need to replace with a Cat 5 type cable from pole on the street.

Thanks
    bp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I have a telephone coming into my house by the front door. The cable is 2 core copper cables (not connected to any junction box). My question is will this be suitable for a broadband connection from Eircom/Magnet etc or will they need to replace with a Cat 5 type cable from pole on the street.

Thanks
    bp.

Its fine - the eircom phone line only uses 2 cores for both phone and broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Its fine - the eircom phone line only uses 2 cores for both phone and broadband

Cheers!

Advertisement