Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options
  • 21-10-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

How are people getting on with their career mode?

I started off with Liverpool, went through a really bad patch early on, but im up to 2nd now in the league.

Spurs seem to be doing really well this year, Arsenal are slipping up a lot

Can anyone recommend young up and coming players who aren't that expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Quite enjoying career mode this year after not really bothering with it since fifa 12. Normally start off with lower league teams with mid table expectations so I can find a rhythm with the new game especially as manual controls can take a little longer to get used to again with every year. After toying with the likes of Elche and St Pauli, I finally settled on last seasons league cup finalists Bradford City who got promoted to league 1 this year.

Solid CBs, ex Liverpool fb Darby and good mix in attack in Hanson and Nakhi Wells (who I had to sell in my first season after he handed in a transfer request:o). Also they have decent cover on the wings in Mark Yeates and Reid and a strong CM in Nathan Doyle. Scouted for a left back through the GM feature and in fairness he gave back a gem in Charlie Daniels (whos in demand now in my 3rd season). More or less had spent my transfer quoto on him so had to rely on chancing the loan market for a replacement pacy attacker for the departed Wells.

Step up Jordan Ibe (Liverpool)... Took a while to settle but once he got some goals, there was no stopping him. Finished first season on 12 and I brought him back on loan again for my promoted season where his partnership with Hanson caused havoc with 40 odd goals between them. Got promoted from the playoffs AET to add to the JPT. So have some silverware as I try to get Bradford City back to premier league.

Alot more challenging in the Championship but having signed Ibe permanently (600k which was delighted Liverpool accepted:D) and added more depth to defence/midfield should be good enough to make another push for the playoffs at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I played as Bradford last season and got them into the Premier League, good team to play as. Wells was brilliant for me aswell. What is his overall this year?

In my game i tried to put Ibe out on loan but nobody is interested. Liverpool have some good youngsters in Yesil, Wisdom, Flannagan, Robinson & Ilori.

I signed a 'unknown' Leandro Paredes from Boca. The price tag was a bit iffy, 8M. But hes only 19 and overall is up to 77 already

One thing that i noticed about this years is the players wages are more realistic. If you want the best players you have to pay top dollar in salary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Wells overall was 68 before I sold him. Other than one friendly I never got a real chance to see was he any good though! Might try Bradford online to see..

But yeah Ibe starts off low (around 64) but his main attributes (pace, touch and finishing) are 70 so hes generally too strong for lower divisions. I'm in my 3rd season and he's 69 now overall so he's improved a fair bit. Could do with a Frimpong (had him in first season) type midfielder for 300-500k if ya know of anyone decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I began managing Celtic. Still using them and I'm in the 2016/2017 season. I sold Adam Matthews in 2014/2015 and highly regret it. His overall went up since signing with Chelsea and he isn't interested in leaving the club. Good defender-turned fantastic.

I also lost a good few players in the run up to the 2014/2015 season because I actually forgot to renew their contracts (It was an honest mistake!) but instead of restarting my last save point I kept with the authenticity and stuck to dealing with and fixing my own mistakes. I bought a couple of decent young players and brought in some youths.

I even brought in an old favorite by re-buying Aiden McGeady, who is a pacey f**ker in this game from my own personal perspective.

My first aim is getting to the Final of the Champions "Cup" (League, i know) and winning the treble, and then leaving to manage another club, intent on bringing 2 or 3 of my best players with me. I got as far as the Quarter Final of the UCL in 2015/2016.

I never teied the SPL as the quality of the teams isnt the best and would be too easy. Do any of the teams turn into title contenders, or decent in European competition.

If i was to ever test it out id have to put Rangers back into the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I never teied the SPL as the quality of the teams isnt the best and would be too easy. Do any of the teams turn into title contenders, or decent in European competition.

If i was to ever test it out id have to put Rangers back into the league.

It can be done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cillianoooo

Who should I be Villa, Southampton or Everton.

I want to be a club that won't be brilliant but won't be to hard and will be a challenge on professional.

-Cillianoooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Who should I be Villa, Southampton or Everton.

I want to be a club that won't be brilliant but won't be to hard and will be a challenge on professional.

-Cillianoooo
    Southampton have a decent squad and better budget.

From that list Southampton, but i reckon Norwich would be a good team to manage. RVW & Hooper up front, there's goals in both of them

What you guys think of Roma? good team to play in Career mode?

I wonder if Benzia from Lyon is still as good as he is in fifa? cracking gem I brought in the last two fifas.

• Advertisement

I had a save in last years Fifa with Roma. Only thing about the Serie A is that its quite easy to win. Only tough team is Juventus really. Napoli, Milan, Inter etc are average

I had a save in last years Fifa with Roma. Only thing about the Serie A is that its quite easy to win. Only tough team is Juventus really. Napoli, Milan, Inter etc are average
    I see and I just played with Southampton in the PL for a while there and to be honest I don't enjoy playing with them. Their system doesn't suit my style.

I may give Everton a go as they seem to be a good squad of players.

Would you not give a Championship/Serie B team a go?

I started one recently with Derby, got them promoted in the 1st season. They have a decent team, all you need to bring in is a LB and 2 x wingers. Johnny Russell up front is a bullet. Then Hughes & Hendricks are good in the middle

I always have a great idea of reviving the likes of Portsmouth, Coventry, Bradford but tend to lose interest after a few seasons. I find that Championship teams keeps you more interested in the game

I started one recently with Derby, got them promoted in the 1st season. They have a decent team, all you need to bring in is a LB and 2 x wingers. Johnny Russell up front is a bullet. Then Hughes & Hendricks are good in the middle

I always have a great idea of reviving the likes of Portsmouth, Coventry, Bradford but tend to lose interest after a few seasons. I find that Championship teams keeps you more interested in the game
    I guess I wouldn't mind taking on a Championship team. I give Derby a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm the same, FIFA 13 i brought AFC Wimbledon to the Premier League, then got bored.

This year I've decided to go with FC Koln in the Bundesliga 2 and am really enjoying it. Although I've sold my best player in Patrick Helmes and have replaced him with youth and it's tough to get goals at the mo.

What formation are you using with Koln?

In the Championship i used a 4-2-3-1, but i changed to a 4-5-1 to overun the middle against the better teams in the Premier League. Working ok but not scoring that many. I sold Johnny Russell to Bayer Leverkusen and bought Gary Hooper. Thought it would of been a good buy but he only has 3 in 14. Then i have Landon Donavan as back up, but at 32 he only really has one more season left in him

What formation are you using with Koln?

In the Championship i used a 4-2-3-1, but i changed to a 4-5-1 to overun the middle against the better teams in the Premier League. Working ok but not scoring that many. I sold Johnny Russell to Bayer Leverkusen and bought Gary Hooper. Thought it would of been a good buy but he only has 3 in 14. Then i have Landon Donavan as back up, but at 32 he only really has one more season left in him

I started off using 4-2-2-2 and started really well, but then the goals dried up so I switched to 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 false 9, but neither worked, so I tried 4-3-2-1 and it's been much better. Just at the end of my first season now and level on points with Union Berlin with 4 games to play.

Would you recommend any players off Koln, overall has to be over 70

You should look at Sam Byram RB off Leeds. Ovr 72 in my 2nd season. Signed him from Leeds. I say he will become a future England player in the game

I recommend this website if you want to look for cheap potential world class players. http://www.fifascoutingtips.com/#

Would you recommend any players off Koln, overall has to be over 70

You should look at Sam Byram RB off Leeds. Ovr 72 in my 2nd season. Signed him from Leeds. I say he will become a future England player in the game

Anthony Ujah is a super player, started off 72 OVR and finished at 79, top scorer in Bundesliga 2 and leader in assists as well.

Had to sell him after the first season, as Shalke offered €15m, although I won the league by a point. Replaced him with Obafemi Martins, brought in Miguel Veloso and a few others and have had a good start to Bundesliga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Started with Limerick FC and managed to take the Airtricity League comfortably in first season. Close games throughout (World Class difficulty; don't judge me!). Second season currently underway with a league expectation of top 3.

It's been a tough start. The fixture list is incredibly congested with 2 games a week most weeks (3 in a week coming up). Goals not coming easily and LB & RB being caught out of position more. Also, AI seems to have ramped up the number of lobbed through ball attempts (so FIFA could very easily find itself not being played in single player). Europa League is tough (Limerick not exactly oozing quality) - did manage to snag a 2-2 draw with Fiorentina on Matchday 2 though!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

With manager career mode, are you guys letting the CPU play, or you controlling all the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

whiskeyman wrote: »
    With manager career mode, are you guys letting the CPU play, or you controlling all the team?

Controlling the team.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Roberto Socitelli is back!! :P

Started of my Career Mode with AC Milan on World Class. Played until January and United offered me the job there...

Moyes obviously got the sack. I took the job and moved up to Legendary.
    United we're down in 8th and out of both cups.
    The team had terrible morale and I started off with 3 straight losses.

I eventually finished the season in 4th. Nicking Liverpool on Goal Difference :)

The following season I when out of all the cups early and got a hiding of Barcalona in the last 16 of the Champions League.

But on the last day of the season I managed to win the league by 1 point ahead of City. Saved my job I reckon...

That was my career up until now.

So the 2015/16 is about to get under way.
    My big transfer was Marco Reus for €30m + Kagawa. (The first number 11 since Giggs)

My 2015/16 squad looks like this:

1. De Gea
    2. Rafael 4. Jones 6. Evans 3. Shaw

16. Felliani

7. Januzaj 8. Grenier 11. Reus

10. Rooney

20. Van Persie

12. Amos
    9. Welbeck
    14. Funes Mori
    17. Nico Gaitan
    19. Zaha
    18. Barkley
    24. Fletcher

Van Der Wiel
    Smalling
    Alderweireld
    Bennett
    Cleverley
    Noel King (Youth promotion)
    Redmond

I'm happy with the squad, altho RVP needs replacing as his stats are dropping by the month...

I'm hoping to retain the league and win a domestic cup this season. Hopefully look goes my way. I've played Chelsea 7 times and got whipped everytime :mad:

Started my first manager career mode with Everton (Have a few Irish players, not a bad team) but without even buying anyone the board want me to win the league and get to the final of a cup competition.

Very realistic.

Gonna start a new game but not sure who to go with.

Id go with a lower division team but it's an absolute chore when playing on legendary.

Want to go with a mid table team that I could get in a champions league spot. Might go with Southampton or Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gonna start a new game but not sure who to go with.

Id go with a lower division team but it's an absolute chore when playing on legendary.

Want to go with a mid table team that I could get in a champions league spot. Might go with Southampton or Newcastle.

I'm currently on my 5th season with Swansea City playing on World class. There a great team build around and they have some decent youth players.

I won the league last season beating Man City by 9pts.

Is anyone else finding it impossible to get jobs that are vacant?

Ive applied for Everton, Stoke, Newcastle, Lille, W Bremen, Wolfsburg & Genoa and ive been turned down for all them

I think it's getting to that time of the year again where I start a new Career Mode and make up my own Manager (with a back-story).

* I have way too much time on my hands in work

I think I might start of in the Netherlands...

Keep us updated :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement