Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

1_zps478ed7d7.jpg

Went with QPR for my manager career

Great squad for the championship (when I recalled Remy, Taarabt and Mbia from loan) so hopefully get promoted and then push on in the PL.

I like wearing dark jerseys for some reason and QPRs away is red and black stripe jersey (mostly red), black shorts and black socks.

Every match though the ref wears red shirt, black shorts and black socks. I've passed to him around 50 times at this stage.

1_zps478ed7d7.jpg

Sensational news this morning from the south of France. After only 10 games in charge, Olympique Lyonnais have sacked Jean Colorant. Colorant only won 1 game, drew 1 and loss 8 straight matches, before the board decided to let him go and start fresh!

Man, legendary is too hard... gonna have to start again on World Class. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Started again with Athletico Madrid after getting bored of playing dull football at Utd. Bought Drogba, Pogba and Pablo Hernandez along with loaning in Lukaku, Moses and Januaj.

Currently 4th with Januazj and Pogbabeing an absolute star. Drogbas pulled out a few important ones along with Diego Costa. Hoping to finish top 2 after beating Real pretty easy.

Line out in 4-3-1-2 slightly modified to offer some more width for the likes of Turan, Moses and Januazj to stretch their legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Problem with Janzuaj is that his stamina isn't great so the next game in 2 days he might not have enough energy.

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Problem with Janzuaj is that his stamina isn't great so the next game in 2 days he might not have enough energy.

Yeah I've noticed that alright. He scores some crackers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Yeah I've noticed that alright. He scores some crackers though.
    Aye great for cutting in and scoring those special goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Signed Luke Shaw and he hasn't had a single stat increase in a season and a half, is this normal?

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone else find the fixture scheduling in career mode to be totally broken? Schedules games just 1 full day apart (like Thursday and Saturday) and then maybe followed by a Monday or Tuesday game.

Happens a lot if you manage an English side who are in Europe, and it's really obvious when you manage a Spanish team and it gets to Spanish Cup time of the year.

Makes it very difficult to keep players fit and can totally screw you if you have players in your team who take more than a few days to recover back to full stamina.

Also, in the Global Transfer Network - why can't I tell my scout what sort of money I want to spend, or at least give a ballpark? It's all well and good him giving me 3 or 4 pacey strikers that I asked for but it's absolutely no good when they are some of the most expensive players in the game and multiples of the budget I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

awec wrote: »
    Anyone else find the fixture scheduling in career mode to be totally broken? Schedules games just 1 full day apart (like Thursday and Saturday) and then maybe followed by a Monday or Tuesday game.

Happens a lot if you manage an English side who are in Europe, and it's really obvious when you manage a Spanish team and it gets to Spanish Cup time of the year.

Makes it very difficult to keep players fit and can totally screw you if you have players in your team who take more than a few days to recover back to full stamina.

Yep one week I had games on sunday, tuesday, thursday and saturday. ridiculous

• Advertisement

Have to agree that playing in Spain during Cup season is craziness. Caused me to get knocked out of Europe.

Couldn't keep players fit/injury free and playing lower levelled players is tough when you have to bad end of the draw.

Sensational news this morning from the south of France. After only 10 games in charge, Olympique Lyonnais have sacked Jean Colorant. Colorant only won 1 game, drew 1 and loss 8 straight matches, before the board decided to let him go and start fresh!

Man, legendary is too hard... gonna have to start again on World Class. :(

I was able to use the first save file to restart my career mode from after 1 game. (i did this because i have all the stadiums re-named in this save file and the latest update restored them all to default - fcuk you EA!!)
    So I dropped it to world class and played up to January.
    As soon as a another decent job came up I jumped ship and left the Lyon nightmare behind...

I'll do a full update later today with my "official" news :D

Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg

December 31st 2013: Club Atlético de Madrid have confirmed Jean Colorant as their new manager on a 3 and half year deal.

The news was made official today after Colorant left Olympique Lyonnais by mutual consent during the Ligue 1 winter break.

Athlético are currently in 6th place in La Liga and are 8 points of leaders FC Barcelona. They have also been drawn against FC Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.
    But Colorant went on to say
    "This season is all about stability and building. Top 4 is priority, and next season we WILL be challenging on all fronts with a combination of youth and experience!"

Colorant didn't waste anytime creating headlines in La Liga, because on January 1st he signed the Brazilian duo of Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato for a combined fee of €25million.

3213094398_de37ca9534.jpg

"People are questioning the signing of 33 year old Ronaldinho... trust me, he's still got it and will bring the flair needed in midfield. He and Alexandre have a great relationship on the pitch. It's what Athlético needs to compete at the top level"

Brilliant Sean, fair play:pac:

A load of ****.

I got promoted with QPR in my first season. A load of players were retiring at the end of the season and I let a good few players contracts run out thinking i would have a massive wage budget for the next season.

No. The board want me to get a Euro league spot with a budget of 6 mil and a wage budget of 30,000 even though around 9 players retired/left at the end of last season. Players on big wages as well like Ji Sung park who alone was on 50,000. Can barely fill the bench now.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ye the budgets & targets do be very unrealistic

You should maybe buy the financial takeover out of the catalogue, you feel guilty after doing it, but with a budget like that you haven't got much choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Its a load of balls that you lose your transfer budget from one year to the next. I had the guts of 50 mill saved up and was waiting for the board to give me next years money to buy Ronaldo but the ***** took away the 50 and replaced it with 25. Which was less than what I had when I started the first season. Things like that really annoy me.

I left Athletico last night and joined PSG mainly because of there 103million or so budget. The second I arrived, they took 90million of it. Now I need to sign a left bask, GK, centre mid and possibly a centre back if Marquinhos doesn't hold form. Alex is sh1t, ways was, always will, benched.

Its a load of balls that you lose your transfer budget from one year to the next. I had the guts of 50 mill saved up and was waiting for the board to give me next years money to buy Ronaldo but the ***** took away the 50 and replaced it with 25. Which was less than what I had when I started the first season. Things like that really annoy me.

It's ridiculous.

I had to stop my QPR game because I dont have enough players and dont feel like bringing in **** players.

Also doesn't make sense that I had a bigger budget in the championship compared to being in the PL with around 9 players off the books.

Is there anyway of leaving a club job? Only see an option to resign from a national team.

I notice that whenever you apply for a job, you never get it. So u might have to wait until a team approaches you

I finished my 2nd season with Derby, finished 9th in PL & won the LC. I was dreading my budget for the following season but they actually suprised me and gave 10.5M & 50K wages

I was down to the bare minimum squad so had to sign a lot of Cheap/young players, Bentaleb, Gnabry, Ibe, & Boyata. I say Gnabry will turn into a beast. Also signed Adam, Djourou & Cornelius. So i have a squad capable of competing on all fronts this season

One thing that i have noticed, which happened in last years too was that players retire way too early. I have 2 players hanging up at the end of the season K Doyle (32), N'Zogbia (30). They have tried to make the career mode more realistic but a player retiring at 30 is a joke. Esp since he's one of my better players & plays nearly every match

• Advertisement

One thing that i have noticed, which happened in last years too was that players retire way too early. I have 2 players hanging up at the end of the season K Doyle (32), N'Zogbia (30). They have tried to make the career mode more realistic but a player retiring at 30 is a joke. Esp since he's one of my better players & plays nearly every match

Sounds like the injuries are getting the better of Charles... That kind of thing can force players out early ;)

Just make up a story line and the game becomes more realistic again!

Ye, i suppose your right.

Might hold a press conference later on today to announce that N'Zogbia & Doyle are retiring from football, and are the new members of One Direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was dissappointed to see Felipe Santana retire at 30 in the Bundesliga when I tried to sign him for Koln. Found it really difficult to sign a CB and ST to take me to the next level after finishing 5th in my first season in the top flight. Got a lovely €24m to spend and brought in Nastasic, Axel Witsel, and Welliton. Nastasic and Welliton were bargains at €4.5m and €6m.

I signed some lad Clayton from Crewe Alexandra for Sevilla for 1.5 million and he is banging the goals in for me.

He has pretty low footballing stats, think he's in the mid 60s for things like finishing but his Acceleration, Sprint Speed, Agility are all 90s so he can run and run and recovers pretty fast for the next game due to decent stamina.

Pace is still an overpowered attribute in FIFA.

Edit: I looked him up on futhead and it's saying his pace etc is in the 80s, but I am 95% sure he is in the 90s in my career. Do the stats vary for a player between UT and career mode? Will have to check when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Doing well with Blackburn in career, just on professional.

Got Paredes on loan and he ripped up the championship, the only thing is Rhodes while being a good finisher has not got the pace for the game I play, and so I bought Danny Ings and he is doing well for me.

I used FUT coins to get a cash injection, but as people above said I lost 15 million of it at the start of the new season, just as well I had bought two top scouts or I might have lost that money too.

Won first 5 games in my return to the premier league. I bought Salah and another fast winger so counter attacks work great for me. Think I might have to move up to World Class though.

What is Clayton Ovr & what season are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Currently doing a career with Porto. They have a nice squad with plenty of fast wingers who can cut inside. Kelvin is unbelievable at this! Also looking forward to getting Iturbe coming back off loan next season. Brought in Fabian Schar from Basel, and he is an absoloute tank, nothing gets past him and has plenty of pace to keep up with fast strikers.

Quintero has a rocket of a left foot on him too.

Ye Schar is very good, im managing Switzerland in my game. Klose is not bad at the back too, but he's a bit slow. They have some good players. Zuber is one to look out for

What is Clayton Ovr & what season are you in?

This is the second season. I knew I wasn't dreaming!

WP_20140207_003.jpg

His finishing is only 70 though and ball control 69.

He's 20 years old at the moment though, hopefully those go up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

**** sake. Was browsing the jobs market last night as I wasn't feeling the love with arsenal. PSG wanted me, transfer budget 120 mill? Yes please I'll have some of that. Get to the club and the budget is 6 mill. What the actual ****. O and the Zlats was crocked with a broken leg. Out for four months.

Advertisement