Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

**** sake. Was browsing the jobs market last night as I wasn't feeling the love with arsenal. PSG wanted me, transfer budget 120 mill? Yes please I'll have some of that. Get to the club and the budget is 6 mill. What the actual ****. O and the Zlats was crocked with a broken leg. Out for four months.

Same happened to me. It's so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

The 2014/15 season slams shut :(

The race for La Liga went to the last day, I needed to win and Barcelona only needed a draw to win the league.
    I done my business and trashed Real Betis 7-1... I thought I had the league won cause Alan McInally on the 80th min mark reported that Barca went 1-0 down to Real Murcia. When the whistle went their we're no celebrations... I had finished 2nd cause Barca won the game 2-1! (Obviously two very late goals - It was actually the most heartbroken I've ever been playing Fifa)

Next up was the Copa Dey Rey final against Barcelona. They beat me 2-1 to win the double (2 goals from Diego Costa who I had lost to them in the January window) and add double misery to my season. One in which I thought I would of won something!

Manchester United knocked me out of the Champions League in the last 16 to round of a heartbreaking season. I had failed in all objectives. Barcelona eventually won that too to complete the treble :mad:

Hands down it was the best season I've played in Fifa in a long time, even though I didn't win anything. The games we're so intense trying to keep pace with Barca.

I need to start 2015/16 off with a bang or I'm sure i'll get the sack.

Arsenal have approached me three times now... That might be something I have to look at if things don't get better at Athlético.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I signed Clayton in my game, Fook me his stats are unreal. Its mad how is Ovr is so low

Also signed Fischer from Ajax, some player

Finding this years transfers unrealistic. Suarez has gone from Liv - Bayern - Chelsea in the space of four seasons. And Ronaldo signed for City for £27 Million!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

I signed Clayton in my game, Fook me his stats are unreal. Its mad how is Ovr is so low

Also signed Fischer from Ajax, some player

Finding this years transfers unrealistic. Suarez has gone from Liv - Bayern - Chelsea in the space of four seasons. And Ronaldo signed for City for £27 Million!!

Yeah Fischer is unreal! Grows really faast and his nice dribbling and shooting.

Found a little gem of a right back, Joao Cancelo from Benfica. He's tall, fast and strong. You can get him for under 2 million aswell, should check him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Everton Riberio is not a bad either. Tidy baller with a bit of flair and can open up teams.

• Advertisement

I accidently deleted my Career Mode save file tonight :( Devastated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I accidently deleted my Career Mode save file tonight :( Devastated!!!

nooooo who will I get enjoyment off hearing their career storys :( *really serious*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

30 games into the season I managed to play so useless that I gave St. Etienne their first win of the season. Right off the back of a 6-1 demolishing of Stade Rennais too.

I hope that's not sarcastic?

My mid-week life is so boring that I need to maken up stories to go along with my career mode :pac:

I'll be starting a new one tonight anyway; have to re-do all the stadium names first tho :(

Sky Sports News this morning has confirmed that Roberto Socitelli will be the new manager of Hamburger SV.

He has signed a 4 year contract :pac:

hamburg_100x100_avatar_30022.gif

"This club has not won a major honor since 1987 and I aim to change that straight away. Obviously the Bundesliga is a tough league and with the likes of Bayern and Dortmund so finishing high will be a challenge"

Hamburger SV Honors:

UEFA Champions League (1) 1983
    European Cup Winners' Cup (1) 1977
    UEFA Intertoto Cup (2) 2005, 2007
    Bundesliga Champions (7) 1922, 1923, 1928, 1960, 1979, 1982, 1983
    DFB-Pokal (3) 1963, 1976, 1987

Stadium: Volksparkstadion (IMTECH Arena For sponsorship reasons)
    Capacity: 57,000

imtech-arena-hamburg.jpg

I'm looking forward to this project. Hamburg has a strong foundation to be a huge club and have a successful history. I'm gonna make them European Giants!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

30 games into the season I managed to play so useless that I gave St. Etienne their first win of the season. Right off the back of a 6-1 demolishing of Stade Rennais too.

Sometimes your players just inexplicably turn rubbish. I dunno why, in random games they can't pass 5 yards to one another and all of a sudden develop the turning circle of the titanic and the touch of an elephant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Started a career mode with Portsmouth and I am enjoying it more than any other I've done before.

The squad has a few key pieces in place already like Jed Wallace and Sonny Bradley, but the main man for me has been Korean striker Kang Soo Il. I knew about Kang from ultimate team, he has 93 pace there so he destroys bronze defences, I thought his pace will wreck league 2 and I was right, 30 games into the season and he has 36 goals. I've just gone past January in my first season, unbeaten (World Class difficulty) only drawing 4, and I signed Max Clayton based on the rave reviews in this thread. He was 58 OVR and only cost £250,000, scored twice on his debut, one was a bicycle kick!

Looks like Max Clayton is gonna have to come to Hamburg! :pac:

Reckon I'm due some sort of agent fee for Clayton at this stage. ;)

I pay him 10 grand a year and he's the second highest scorer in La Liga with 14 for the season. To be honest, his finishing isn't amazing, but his pace is really useful and if you have him running at defenders for the last 30 minutes he's good enough to create chances.

My objectives for the season:

Qualify for the Europa League.
    Quarter-Finals of the cup.

Then they give me a budget of 5m... I only have two players that are rated 80 and the rest are 73 and below... The team needs allot of investment.

Might have to cash in on a financial take-over if things get too tricky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

nope was not been sarcastic :) really enjoy reading how your seasons unfold
    most times its more exciting then real football if im honest :L

Portsmouth update:

Walked the league unbeaten, 30 wins, 6 draws. Started off in League 2 and lost 8 players to contract expiration, although none of them major players. Worst part of it is, I didn't renew because I needed the £12,000 pw in wages for new signings, new season starts and the board only give me £4000 pw for wages! So I had only enough for starting 11 and subs and I had to sign 4 or 5 new players on £4000 pw? Ridiculous.

Sold 2 more players for money, brought in 2 free agents, got Devante Cole on loan from City, promoted a few kids from the youth team.

Devante Cole is an absoltue beast. Max Clayton isn't really dominating how I'd hoped yet, but Cole is outrageous, so pacey and great finishing. Think his potential is around 82 as well.

Currently 3rd after 5 games in League 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is Clayton good enough for my Inter team i wonder ...currently 4th in the league and in the semi finals of the europa league , Ave a few players leaving at the end of the season so will be going for Kurt Zouma and need a striker badly , Bought Mitroglu in January has banged in a few in europe but not as good as i'd hoped

The August Transfer Deadline Day was a hectic one for me.
    I needed funds badly...

I recalled Artjoms Rudnevs from loan and sold him for €18m to Montpellier.
    I sold a few others meaning I had €31m on deadline day to splash...

I signed Danilo from FC Porto for €10m, I got Jakub Blaszczykowski from Dortmund for €10m and Alexander Pato for €10 and of course Max Clayton for 300k ;)

Panic buys or good business? Time will tell...

I drew Athletic Bilbao, FC Zurich and Shamrock Rovers in the Europa League.
    I should progress from that group with ease.

Fixture scheduling is starting to piss me off again. 2 games in 3 days. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Currently on my 4th season with QPR on Legendary. Came second in the Championship in my first season. First season in top flight was a disaster getting hammered 3-4-5 nil most of the time and nicking the odd win (playing real Tony Pulis style stuff). Cant believe I wasnt sacked. Bizzarely I won the FA Cup that year which is how I kept my job I reckon.

Turning point was when I sold Hoilett, got 16 million for him, also sold Remy. Then got Park and Cesar off the wage bill and sold some other dead wood players. In the space of three windows brought in about 18 players.

This season signed a good few young lads for free and splashed the cash for a top class keeper Ter Stegen and a striker Immobile form Villa. Adryan (as a striker) is just class. You can get him for 5 million or so, he finished top scorer in the Premiership last season and really gets things going creatively as he tends to drop deep. Reminds me a lot of Rooney. Lethal in the air too surprisingly. Very impressed with Brady too. Signed as a squad player but now established in the first 11.

Finished 7th last season and got to the semi finals in the Europa League. Won the League Cup.

Currently sitting in fourth in the league with 12 games gone. Just beat City 3-1 and United 2-1. Immobile looking the part. Schneiderlin out for 5 months but we seem to be doing okay without him.

Hmmm, must check out this guy Clayton. Pacey strikers can wreak havoc when brought off the bench.

awec wrote: »
    Sometimes your players just inexplicably turn rubbish. I dunno why, in random games they can't pass 5 yards to one another and all of a sudden develop the turning circle of the titanic and the touch of an elephant.

Was only chatting about this the other day. My first three games this season I couldn't string one pass together. Genk beat me in my first game in Europa league and I didn't register one shot on goal. Then lost 4-0 to Everton then 3-1 to Swansea. Now unbeaten in 10 or something and scoring goals for fun. I like that though. FIFA is cool for realism like that.

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Hmmm, must check out this guy Clayton. Pacey strikers can wreak havoc when brought off the bench.

Buy him.

Then we can start a rule that you can't post about your career mode in this thread unless you've signed Max Clayton. :D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Buy him.

Then we can start a rule that you can't post about your career mode in this thread unless you've signed Max Clayton. :D

Agreed :P

He'll be making his Hamburg debut tonight :pac:

You're all welcome lads! That's my great scouting network reaping its rewards!

Though I had to pay a million or something for him, Sean got him for 300k.

The wages thing is a bit unrealistic. He was on 700 quid a week at Crewe and demanded 10k a week off me. To be fair he's more than worth it but I was expecting to offer him just a few grand a month.

Maybe you could bargain with him, I signed him on deadline day so didn't want to risk it.

I restarted my career mode so I got him during the August 2013 window and after the January squad update... He's worth 425k but Crewe accepted 300k on deadline day... I think the wages we're 4k?

So I'm hoping he is as good as been mentioned in this thread and the January update didn't knock his stats back....

Honestly - 60 minute mark of games bring him on and play the ball through or over the top for him to run on to. He'll get goals.

I got him for £250,000 in January of my first season with Pompey, he only wanted £1000 wages as well. To be honest he hasn't been as dominant in League 1 as I had hoped, but his pace is growing all the time and he's still bagging goals for me.

• Advertisement

Right, just home. Clayton is still at Crewe. I've added him to my short list for January. I have 3 million to play around with so hopefully I can nab him. Only have 3 strikers currently. Sweet!

Advertisement