Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't pay near 3 million for him. He's worth 1.5 max.

Honestly he's very fast but his football skills are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

awec wrote: »
    Don't pay near 3 million for him. He's worth 1.5 max.

Honestly he's very fast but his football skills are low.

Enquired about him and Crewe want 5 million. Not paying that for a fourth choice striker. I'll see what happens anyway but he sounds like what I'm looking for.

Offer lower than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

For some reason the German clubs always come sniffing around Clayton. In my FC Koln career my scout suggested him but I didn't really look at him, he moved to Nurnburg shortly after. And now in my Portsmouth game I have up to 64 OVR and it says "Kaiserslauten are monitoring him".

• Advertisement

See at the end of the season, how come I never get job offers? :(

Do they usually arrive in your email inbox, or have I been looking in the wrong place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Playing With Man Utd on the PS4

Any good bargains I should look out for?

Signed Adam Lalana and he is a revelation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Sam Byram RB off Leeds. Give him some game time and his stats will fly up

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I hate EA and I hate FIFA!!!!! :mad:

Spent about 4 hours on Sunday changing all the stadium names in the game.
    Last night I went to continue my career mode and again file corruption.
    That's twice now that my career mode has been lost and all Sundays work has been lost!

I'm done with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Probably one of the most annoying things in career mode is when a player wants to leave and then the board goes behind your back and sells him on the cheap.

Still with Porto, Danilo said he wanted to leave which was fair enough. PSG came in with an offer of €12 million, but the board said he would go for anywhere between €19 - €26 million so I counteroffered for €25 million.

Next thing I know I get an email from the board saying that Danilo has been been sold to Real Madrid for €7.5 million...... had to turn the game off I was so angry :pac:

• Advertisement

Have 8-9mil to spend and need a top class CF badly due to injuries hitting me hard.

Suggestions?

Temaz wrote: »
    Have 8-9mil to spend and need a top class CF badly due to injuries hitting me hard.

Suggestions?

Saloman Kalou maybe? He'd be in that price bracket, I bought him and he's decent.

You won't get top class at that price I don't think.

Suggestions?

If you want to go for youth and develop them, both Victor Andrade of Santos and Anthony Martial of Monaco are young players who start off around 67 OVR but are quick and have good finishing and develop into 2 of the best forwards around in a few years.

Suggestions?

See if you can get Immobile. Lethal. He's 12 league goals for me already and I've just entered December.

Sturridge maybe? Or Lukaku even.

Sturridge is 20 million+

awec wrote: »
    Sturridge is 20 million+

Fuuuuuuck! :O I've never actually looked into him.

Yep. I managed Liverpool for a bit and was regularly getting offers around 25 million for him.

I hate EA and I hate FIFA!!!!! :mad:

Spent about 4 hours on Sunday changing all the stadium names in the game.
    Last night I went to continue my career mode and again file corruption.
    That's twice now that my career mode has been lost and all Sundays work has been lost!

I'm done with the game.

Just leave the names the way they are and play man. It's entertaining to see your posts:pac:

I'm telling you for 9-10 million Ciro Immobile from Torino is your man. A beast. QPR sitting third in the league thanks to this chap. A beast.

• Advertisement

Ironman76 wrote: »
    I'm telling you for 9-10 million Ciro Immobile from Torino is your man. A beast. QPR sitting third in the league thanks to this chap. A beast.

Sounds good! I'll look into him.

Fuuuuuuck! :O I've never actually looked into him.

Thanks for replying dude.

After a really crap run into the end of the season, I was worried I'd lose my job- I didn't but I was warned about results. I did my business fast signing Yaya Toure for 10m, Neven Subotic for 23m, Max Clayton for 800,000gbp and Simone Minoleget for 2m plus Douchez.

Results went well, picking up a 5-2 victory against Hoffenheim 1899 and a 3-0 victory against Norwich in pre-season. Still a few weeks before the season kicks off so more business could be done. Loaning out the majority of the reserves also.

In to the third season in the game now, and entering my second season with Sevilla (joined them half way through the first season after Liverpool sacked me for swearing at the referee).

Won the spanish cup last year, finished second in the league, went out in europa league semis.

My lineup is:

GK - Beto

LB - Cicinho / Evra
    CB - Agger
    CB - Alex / Fazio
    RB - Flanagan

LW - Elia / Perrotti / Fredericks (speedster on loan from Spurs)

CDM - Rakitic / Iborra

RW - Sterling / Herrmann / Jairo

CAM - Trochowski / Rabello / Duarte

ST - Immobile / Delante Cole / Ibe
    ST - Clayton / Diawara

Will probably get rid of Rakitic at the end of this season, he's on big money but can't play 2 games in a row any more. Him and Sterling are my two highest earners on 100 grand a week.

QPR- Fourth season- Third in the league on legendary.

GK- Ter Stegen

LB- A Traore/L Shaw

CB- Zouma/ Rekij
    CB- Lovren/ Hancock (Check this guy out)

RB- Chambers/ Simpson

LW- Bruma/ Brady

CM- Schneiderlin/
    CM- L Fer/ Banagera

RW- Salah/Januzaj

ST -Adryan
    ST- Immobile/Mitrovic

Ironman76 wrote: »

He had recently signed for another club so ended up with Demba Ba who then got injured. Someone up there doesn't like me.

Lads am I missing something with signing players on frees? Do you have to do it before the season ends? Because every time I start a new season the same muppets from Indian and Bolivia are in the free agent section. I had scouted a number of players whos contracts were due to expire, but they are still at their clubs.

Devante Cole spend last season on loan with me, his contract ran out but he's still at City, I tried to buy him for £2m but he said the league I was in wasnt good enough? The Championship is better than League 1 where he played for me last season!

Portsmouth Update:

Absolutely cruised League 1 and won the Johnstones Paint Trophy.

Kang Soo Ill was again top scorer with 24 league goals, Clayton was 3rd top with 21 goals. Devante Cole had a respectable 18. Upon winning League 1 I got a financial takeover and now have loads of cash to push for the Premier League, but not sure who to buy, ideally I need a CB and a ST who can cut it at Prem level too. I've already signed Mustafa Amini from Dortmund to play CM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Loving Fifa this year, although I haven't played it since Fifa12.

Playing as Liverpool and top of the league at Christmas, just like real life!!!

----> insert headbanger smiley here <----

However, one thing that's killing me is the random freezes. There's nothing to do but restart the PC. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Looking at the table, it's pretty close to how things actually stand. I think EA may have got the balance correct this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I have Max Clayton in my Liverpool team. Bought him for 650,000. He's scored a couple of crackers just need to find the right positionin the squad for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Its gas the amount of people that signed Max Clayton on this forum :)

Nearing the end of my 3rd Season with Derby. 8 Games left to play in the league & currently 8th, although there's only 5 points seperating 3rd-8th. I am doing well in the cups, into the FA cup final against Spurs & Europa semis against Man Utd, drew the 1st leg 2-2 at Old Trafford. My league form has suffered because of my cup run, i have to keep using my bench & reserves. Very realistic though, when your on a good run of form your trashing the best of teams, then as soon as you slump your grinding out 1-0, 2-1 wins. Thing that puzzles me is apart from international teams, i have not yet been offered a job by any club team

I applied for a few in France/Germany/Spain but all got turned down. Bit strange as i made Derby a top team in the league plus got them into Europe. Saying that im enjoying playing as Derby, only players that i have from the original tea are Jeff Hendricks & Will Hughes, they are actually pretty useful players

Its going to be an exciting end to the season, fighting for 2 x cups and hoping to break into the top 4. Plus I have the Euros to look forward to with Switzerland :)

Advertisement