Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've never been offered a club team job either. I think the game is a bit daft in that regard, it looks only at your trophy haul I think.

I took Sevilla from mid-table to finishing 2nd, winning the cup, and going out in the semi final of the Europa League. You would expect to get offers from some medium sized teams after that.

Getting offered the Portugal job, but no club jobs is just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm constantly offered the Newcastle and Everton jobs. The gaffer there has been replaceable for two years. Poor ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dale Jennings.

Scout him. Sign him. Love him. Chap is an absolute beast. I just signed him from Barnsley for £1.5m, coming to Portsmouth with a modest 69 OVR rating, however... 98 sprint speed, 98 acceleration! The guy is Usain Bolt. Plays LM or RM, cutting in on the right he has scored 3 screamers in 3 games, I've never enjoyed a new signing as much in a FIFA game. Seriously lads get involved, he's Max Clayton on crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Its gas the amount of people that signed Max Clayton on this forum :)

If he ever reads this thread he's gonna think he's a superstar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

If he ever reads this thread he's gonna think he's a superstar!

He went from 58 to 60 in one game for me overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Best young defender is J.Hancox. 18 years old and I got him on a free. Hes 75 overall and all his stats are green, green. green. A must buy. I got him at the start of my fourth season so youd have to wait til then I reckon.

Leyton_Orient_FC.png

I'm back in the game :P couldn't leave it alone!

I've decided to take on the challenge of making Leyton Orient a stable Premier League outfit.

It's coming into November in the 2013/14 season and I'm 4th in the league.
    Out of the League cup and in the Paint trophy 1/4 finals.
    I'm really enjoying this career!!

Leyton Orient have never won any major honors and have never played in the top division.

I'm going to change all this hopefully and become a legend on London's east end!! :pac:

Lower league careers are too good.

Have you signed Max Clayton yet? If not, why? If so, how good is he? Take a look at Dale Jennings from Barnsley before he turns into Cristiano Ronaldo, and if you need a poacher I can't recommend Kang Soo Il from the K-League enough.

Max Clayton was signed alright haha. 8 goals this season already!!

I had a look at Dale Jennings; but Barnley want too much for him.
    Maybe next season I can nab him.

I only had a budget of 400k and at the moment I have £47 haha.
    I brought in 5 free transfers which have been pretty decent.

Thuso Phala from South Africa has been a star so far. Links up well with Clayton. I'd say I'll only get a season out of him though before a bigger club comes knocking

• Advertisement

Barnsley want 8 million for Jennings in my game. A lot of money for someone playing at that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Think I'e taken Arsenal as far as I can. Built a team of superstars and won back to back quadruples. I am now bored of the bright lights of London and think I'll start a new career with a League 1 or 2 outfit. Clayton is top of my transfer wish list.

Max Clayton was signed alright haha. 8 goals this season already!!

I had a look at Dale Jennings; but Barnley want too much for him.
    Maybe next season I can nab him.

I only had a budget of 400k and at the moment I have £47 haha.
    I brought in 5 free transfers which have been pretty decent.

Thuso Phala from South Africa has been a star so far. Links up well with Clayton. I'd say I'll only get a season out of him though before a bigger club comes knocking

I had to do a lot of that too, Thuso Phala was out of my wage range at Pompey though!

I recommend:

GK - Gael Perdomo
    CDM - Jose Luis Chavez
    ST- Robin Singh

All 3 are solid backup players, Singh is some man for the assists.

think I'll start a new career with a League 1 or 2 outfit. Clayton is top of my transfer wish list.

Plymouth Argyle are too big for League 2.
    Sort that out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anybody else noticed that the A.I only score inside the first 10 mins, right on the stroke of half time, or last 10 mins? 10 games in, 16 goals conceded, every single one of them in those time frames. Playing on world class.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed that the A.I only score inside the first 10 mins, right on the stroke of half time, or last 10 mins? 10 games in, 16 goals conceded, every single one of them in those time frames. Playing on world class.

Hadn't noticed that, but sounds like something that happens.

What I did notice, is that if I'm up by a goal, near the end of the game, if Alan Smith says something along the lines of "They look like they might go on and get an equaliser here" then it is damn near impossible to stop a goal from coming. Doncaster turn into Bayern for that passage of play.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What I did notice, is that if I'm up by a goal, near the end of the game, if Alan Smith says something along the lines of "They look like they might go on and get an equaliser here" then it is damn near impossible to stop a goal from coming. Doncaster turn into Bayern for that passage of play.
    That's the Ignite engine.

Teams become more urgent and more pressing in their play when the game is near over and they are chasing a goal. Suddenly you may find that they will be difficult to get the ball off, or their movement is much better.

It's supposed to be more realistic.

Has anyone else noticed that when the opposition are winning near the end of the game that it's almost impossible to tackle them anywhere near the touchline without the ball going out of play? It's as if your players all forget how to take possession and all they can do is just put it out for a throw. A bit irritating.

Signed The Claytonator for 3.5 million. Christ his physical stats are off the charts. Currently 74 overall which is more than I was expecting so happy out.

Fook me League 1 is tough. But I'm loving it.
    The games are so hard! And with the cr@p budget it makes the game far more enjoyable to play.

I've one foot in the final of the Paint Trophy after beating Wolves in the area final 2-0 in the first leg.
    Really hope I can get Leyton Orient into Wembley.

I'm currently 3rd in the league coming into February. Lost my keeper in the January window...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gonna start a new Career tonight, taking a break from UT. Thinking, Rochdale, on Professional difficulty, putting it to World Class if I feel its a too easy

HISTORY MAKERS:

Leyton Orient are the 2014 Football League Trophy champions.
    In a tence affair at Wembley, The O's beat Notts County 1-0 to win their first piece of silverware in the clubs history.

johnstones-paint-trophy.jpg

I can't get too carried away though, there are still 7 games to play with a chance of promotion. Currently 3rd in the league, 10 points of 2nd with a game in hand over 2nd placed Preston... and we still have to play...

Best season I've ever played. Feckin solid! :cool:

I agree, currently playing as Rochdale, did knock it up to WC difficulty after a couple of games and it is far tougher then anything else I have experienced in Career Mode, which means when I beat it, it will be all the more satisfying :)

The board expect a good league position (League 2) this season, I think we can do better though and am targeting promotion, if I can get a couple of players in during the January window maybe even a title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Started a new game with QPR.

Recalled Remy and Tarabt for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Some of the in-game commentary is mental. I've gotten three really weird bits, where it was saying Tyler Blackett was playing after an injury and how well he was doing (he wasn't playing, or even on the bench and he hasn't been injured).

They also started talking about how De Gea was a danger man, and the opposite would have to watch him closely.

And also, the one game I didn't play De Gea, they said, they stuck up his picture and name and were like "Well, he's in the team today and playing well"

Haha welcome to Fifa man, 14 is not the first version to be glitched te fook!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why is it in career when you transfer/loan list a player, the commentators question why is he starting the match if he's not needed, when the player hasn't even been selected at all? :rolleyes:

Started a new career with portsmouth, signed clayton for 300k, he's 57 overall. Got a 17 year old Italian keeper on loan who's much better than the two jokers I have, Scudetti iirc. Playing on world class and I've won every game so far, even a few tough friendlies against Newells and Universidad de Chile. Newells brought Trezeguet on at the 90th minute and I lol'd, had no idea he was still playing .

_41644098_steelegoal.jpg

Promotion!!

The 2013/14 has closed with Leyton Orient securing promotion to the Championship.
    I missed out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season to Preston, so had to go through the play-off's!

I beat MK Dons in the semi's to reach Wembley fo rthe 2nd time this season.

I trashed Bristol City in the final 4-0 to garantee Championship football next season for the club.

Promotion and the Paint trophy in my first season in charge in the east end. :D

I'm very pissed off with the board at the start of the 2014/15 season tough. They want a top 6 finish and only gave me £1million to do it... :confused:

I havent got any job offers from elsewhere yet; but don't think I could turn down a cross town move to West Ham if David Gold comes knocking... Can't let the media hear me say that tough :pac:

Dont you get your job offers at the start of each season?

Like, continue with current club, or pick another team who has offered you a job

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Dont you get your job offers at the start of each season?

Like, continue with current club, or pick another team who has offered you a job

Nah, the job offers starting been available from October...

Advertisement