Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

First meaningful game with QPR was a tense 0-0 cup game with Wigan that led me to win it well after I saved 3 of theirs.

I had chances and cut them open a lot but my run of not scoring is continuing!!!

Was banging them in during the friendlies so I'm hoping it was just a bad game I played and not a story of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Well it's 18 games into the 2014/15 Football League Championship and Leyton Orient are destroying the league, with 17 wins, 1 draw and 0 defeats.

I'm currently 12 points clear at the top of the league :D

It's been unreal. League 1 was so hard last season, and the Championship is getting ripped up. Key players have been Max Clayton and loanee striker Mohamed Yattara from Lyon, who both have 10 goals each this season.

Dean Cox (LW) has spiked in overall up to 74. He's savage and so is Thuso Phala who is (76). I reckon i'll lose him in January tough. I received over 10 offers for him on deadline day.

Shay Given was a free transfer at the tender age of 38 and has been class.

Kevin Osei (CAM) was bought from Marseille for only £200k. He's gone from 69 to 73 already. His stats don't look up to much, but on the field he is world class.

I got this Jamaican RWB of Preston for only £20k. Chris Humphrey.
    He is savage - His sprint speed is 93 and acceleration is 91. Decent crosser too; he got himself a $hit load of assists. Recommended transfer.

The O's are going places :pac:

Leeds United are bottom of the league and have just been taken over by some wealthy business men. I received a job offer 2 days later... Haven't said yes or no just yet... A flush Leeds could be an interesting project.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How do you get through the seasons so quickly? Simming a fair few games, playing with reduced mins per half or you just put an insane amount of time in?

v3ttel wrote: »
    How do you get through the seasons so quickly? Simming a fair few games, playing with reduced mins per half or you just put an insane amount of time in?

I play 5mins a half and very rarely sim games...

Sunday's and Monday's I get about 15-20 games in. And sometimes Tuesdays. Wednesday to Saturday, the Xbox dosnt even get turned on.

A binge gamer :pac:

My QPR team is starting to kick into gear finally.

Remy & Austin up front, Doyle coming off the bench has nicked a few.

Brought Cesar and Taraabt back from their loan deals and both are immense.

Have a lot of pace in the team, Barton shielding the back four etc etc

It's looking good for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nah, the job offers starting been available from October...

Cool, still in my first season with Rochdale so I guess it will be next season before anyone tries to headhunt me :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

v3ttel wrote: »

Don't take an international job and play 3 or 4 games a night and you'll get through it in a few weeks.

I don't bother with internationals cause it's jsut a distraction.

awec wrote: »
    Don't take an international job and play 3 or 4 games a night and you'll get through it in a few weeks.

I don't bother with internationals cause it's jsut a distraction.

I'll only accept realistic offers; for example, I make up manager names/nationalities, so at the moment I'm Irish, so I'd only accept the Ireland, N.Ireland, Wales or Scottish jobs...

If I have a Italian nationality, i'll probably only accept the Italy job.

Germany only ever have German coaches so I wouldn't take that job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Had a very unusual bug in career mode last night. I went 2-0 up in a Champions League game vs Sporting, paused it immediately to bring on Clayton and Zaha. As the ball went out, but before the two lads came on, I paused it and tried to bring on Januzaj.

I thought all three subs would happen before the throw, but only two did. Oddly enough, Zaha came on, but he was also sitting in the center circle with a training bib on, missing his legs from the knees down. I hit the share button on the PS4 so I'll see if it saved the screenshot and post it later on.

Then, the real Zaha (the one with both of his legs), scored an unbelievable goal into the top corner to make it 3-0. Although that triggered the third sub to finally come on, and the game crashed.

Bizarre.

Rochdale are now a proud League 1 team. Incredibly I have less money this season then I had last and couldnt afford to bring in any players,well I got in a goalie, cause mine left! Have the smallest squad Id say, one more then a subs bench and only 1 goalie in it. Looking forward to the test of League One and will be rejecting any offers I get, a couple of rumoured clubs looking at me but I wont be going anywhere anytime soon. Premier League is my goal, might have a bit of cash to spend then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Derby are rampant at the moment. Having signed Max Clayton they proceeded to demolish Malaga and Villa 2 and 3 nil respectively. A scrappy 1 nil away to Kilmarnock completed the pre season. The first competitive game saw the Irish duo of Sammon and Hendrick hit the net to send Brighton out of the cup. The league opened well with a 3 nil win against Ipswich, Russell with two and a late volley from Clayton secured the points for the rams. Tonight the difficulty steps up cause its a bit too easy.

Charlie Austin out for 3 months ffs

Doyle will be starting alongside Remy with Clayton coming off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Started enjoying Fifa again after starting a career mode with Pompey. Play manual controls (albeit badly at times :o) so am using world class settings. Got Pompey promoted to league 1 winning the title but struggling bit now. If only I could score more of the 10 chances I create each game! Of course I signed Clayton but my star players are Nathan Doyle and Harry Pell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Started enjoying Fifa again after starting a career mode with Pompey. Play manual controls (albeit badly at times :o) so am using world class settings. Got Pompey promoted to league 1 winning the title but struggling bit now. If only I could score more of the 10 chances I create each game! Of course I signed Clayton but my star players are Nathan Doyle and Harry Pell
    I'm still in league 2, Jervis is class up front. Trying to sign decent players on a bosman is a nightmare, none of them want to join, except for some old defenders in Brazil who just jumped at the chance to play in that Portsmouth sunshine .

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm still in league 2, Jervis is class up front. Trying to sign decent players on a bosman is a nightmare, none of them want to join, except for some old defenders in Brazil who just jumped at the chance to play in that Portsmouth sunshine .

Sold Jervis straight away to get funds for Clayton and Doyle:P But they have been stars for me. Bradley is a top centre back at that level. I paired Ertl with him, Mout? rb and Butler lb and they were quality for me until I signed this lad Fontaine from Bristol City on a bosman so Ertl has dropped out. Hes unreal though. Quick, good in the tackle and has scored few goals for me to boot. Recommend highly. Barcham and Wallace are quality too. Mid table atm after run of good results in league 1, hope to make a push for playoffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I went with Padovani and Therry Racon in CM until I got to the Championship, very solid pair. Sonny Bradley was great and my captain before he insisted on leaving. Butler and Danny East were also good until they asked for a move, the problem with Pompey is the current contracts are paying the players so little, that the moment there is any success they want more money. Jarvis was awkward for me, I shipped all the strikers out as soon as I could.

The players contract demands are unrealistic "I've been doing well in training so give me a new contract every three months increasing in £1000 increments "

Ya they get alot of notions alright after doing well for couple games. What's worse is the board putting them on transfer list if you don't budge and give them a new contract.. **** that I want them to rot in the reserves for the rest of it :pac:

I did get lucky with Drennan, young Irish striker, who got me a few goals but couldn't knock Taylor and Clayton from first team. Put in a transfer request and had to accept. Leeds bought him then for 600k :eek: Must have been highly rated so!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Derby are rampant at the moment. Having signed Max Clayton they proceeded to demolish Malaga and Villa 2 and 3 nil respectively. A scrappy 1 nil away to Kilmarnock completed the pre season. The first competitive game saw the Irish duo of Sammon and Hendrick hit the net to send Brighton out of the cup. The league opened well with a 3 nil win against Ipswich, Russell with two and a late volley from Clayton secured the points for the rams. Tonight the difficulty steps up cause its a bit too easy.

I have a save with Derby also, stick with Hendrick, Hughes & Russell. All turn into very good players. I actually sold Russell to Bayer Leverkusen for 7 Mill, but bought him back for 6M a few seasons later

The rest of the sqaud are meh, Keogh isnt a bad CB but he doesnt grow as i had hoped. I sold Sammon straight away cause i think he is a big donkey in real life

The pre contract agreement is a great tool, signed up Barkley for the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I have a save with Derby also, stick with Hendrick, Hughes & Russell. All turn into very good players. I actually sold Russell to Bayer Leverkusen for 7 Mill, but bought him back for 6M a few seasons later

The rest of the sqaud are meh, Keogh isnt a bad CB but he doesnt grow as i had hoped. I sold Sammon straight away cause i think he is a big donkey in real life

The pre contract agreement is a great tool, signed up Barkley for the summer :)

Explain this one to me please. I see some players with less than 6 months remaining on their contract (3 months now for most as I'm in March in my season) but there's only an option on about 1 of every 10 players i check to sign on a pre contract :confused:

Why is that?

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Explain this one to me please. I see some players with less than 6 months remaining on their contract (3 months now for most as I'm in March in my season) but there's only an option on about 1 of every 10 players i check to sign on a pre contract :confused:

Why is that?
    they have be 22 or older. And you can only sign them in January I think

they have be 22 or older. And you can only sign them in January I think

Ya I saw players like Forlan whose contract was expiring and couldn't get him. Didn't the above poster say he got Barkley? Now assuming he's not in 2016 in his career, that would make him under 22....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ya I saw players like Forlan whose contract was expiring and couldn't get him. Didn't the above poster say he got Barkley? Now assuming he's not in 2016 in his career, that would make him under 22....

Im a good bit into my game ye, into my 4th season now

Im a good bit into my game ye, into my 4th season now

Oh ok. Hmm I dunno what the issue is so. I know in football manager you can't sign a player on a pre contract from the same country until about 2 weeks before the contract expires.

Can't understand why I can't sign players from other countries on pre contracts though.

How do ye find the players whose contracts are expiring anyway or is it just luck?

Oh ok. Hmm I dunno what the issue is so. I know in football manager you can't sign a player on a pre contract from the same country until about 2 weeks before the contract expires.

Can't understand why I can't sign players from other countries on pre contracts though.

How do ye find the players whose contracts are expiring anyway or is it just luck?

you can set your scouts to only look for players with 0-1 years left on their contract

Or use sites like this
    http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/v?cvl=2013&cvh=2014

you can set your scouts to only look for players with 0-1 years left on their contract

Or use sites like this
    http://sofifa.com/en/14w/p/v?cvl=2013&cvh=2014

thanks very much! should help a lot!

Have Rochdale in the Championship now via the playoffs from League 1, the season after I got promoted as League 2 champs, the only job offer I got was from the Indian FA, which I took for a little while but decided they just werent worth the distraction!

Still have no money, cant afford to extend my better players contracts anymore :(

Making a late push for the playoffs now, won 5 in the last 5 to close the game to 6 points, 12 games to go so all to play for, if I manage to hit the Premier League surely I will get some money?!

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The players contract demands are unrealistic "I've been doing well in training so give me a new contract every three months increasing in £1000 increments "

It's even more stupid at the higher levels of the game.

Like you are a La Liga side and you sign some yound lad from like English League 2. He earns 1000 a week at his current team and comes to you demanding 20grand.

I signed a guy last week on 7000 a week for a League 1 side and he demanded 40,000.

And then guys on 70,000 who 6 months later will demand 100,000.

And I have never, ever seen a player accept less than what they demanded. If you offer lower they do that "considering their options" nonsense.

And this other "I am settled here and don't want to move". Yea, you are currently at a league 2 side and you don't even get a game. You are offered the chance to move to the team at the top of La Liga, probably increase your salary by a multiple of 10 and you say "you don't want to move". As if. :pac:

awec wrote: »
    And this other "I am settled here and don't want to move". Yea, you are currently at a league 2 side and you don't even get a game. You are offered the chance to move to the team at the top of La Liga, probably increase your salary by a multiple of 10 and you say "you don't want to move". As if. :pac:

Sounds like Max Clayton is letting this thread go to his head :pac:

• Advertisement

Two games to go in the 2014/15 Championship season and my Leyton Orient team are top of the league.
    2 Points clear of Hull City... a win or draw in my next game will guarantee automatic promotion.

I'm curious to see what budget the board gives me for the Premier League, anything less than €5 million, and i'll be off to a better club at the first opportunity. Because there is only so far I can take this club will the crap budget.

Advertisement