Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Well, finally at the end of my third season with Sevilla I have won La Liga.

Last year I finished 2nd to Valencia and won the cup. This year Champions, final of the cup coming up and champions league final coming up too.

So won the league, the cup and the champions league and still no job offers. Not sure how this works.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Champions!!

1734084.jpg?type=articlePortrait

Seán O'Connor has led his Leyton Orient team to Championship victory.
    Leyton Orient are now officially a Premier League club. The East End was rocking. I finished top of the league, two points clear of Hull City who also join me in the top flight. Crystal Palace won the play-offs.
    I was awarded manager of the year and refused the Turkish national job.

2637660.jpg?type=articleLandscape

I'm disgusted though... The board only gave me £1million for the season. And most of my squad are demanding higher wages. Greedy feckers!
    My plan to jump ship to West Ham maybe dead in the water cause they got relegated; and I ain't going back to the Championship. :p So i'll stick it out with The O's until Christmas and see what's available then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have Rochdale plying the trade in the Premier League now via the playoffs in the Championship with a late surge to sneak into the places, had a good few injuries that season and no feckin money so was pretty tough but very enjoyable overall

Two things have made me sad, 1. I have not been approached by anything other then National Teams, I have taken a club from League 2 to the Premier League and have not had one ****ing job offer??! What the **** like? I stiill have no budget, I requested extra funds, I think I asked for 750k, start of the season, said I would qualify for the Euro Cup (with a promoted team!) and reach last 32 of the cup and the board came back and offered me 100k for completing the same tasks!

Ridiculous like, so not going to take much of a team to turn my head tbh, just give me some funds to keep my good players let alone sign anybody!

Secondly, I just played Man United and they had lined up exactly how I would like to see them in real life pretty much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Been tempted with an early season offer from Bolton. They currently sit 7th and the board want automatic qualification. I think its doable. I'm loathe to abandon my Leeds side though. Got them to 5th so currently looking at play offs. All the board want is a high table finish. O and I hate David N'gog who plays for Bolton, he's the pits. Decisions decisions.

• Advertisement

Been tempted with an early season offer from Bolton. They currently sit 7th and the board want automatic qualification. I think its doable. I'm loathe to abandon my Leeds side though. Got them to 5th so currently looking at play offs. All the board want is a high table finish. O and I hate David N'gog who plays for Bolton, he's the pits. Decisions decisions.

Leeds to Bolton would be a step down IMO... Stick with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Right, so is this a case of teams actively approaching you, or you browsing the jobs and applying?

Both... I normally get two offers a season, January and March...
    Jobs appear in the offers section around September and are there til the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Leeds to Bolton would be a step down IMO... Stick with them.

Sorry its Derby I'm with not Leeds. Dying for the Leeds job.

Both... I normally get two offers a season, January and March...
    Jobs appear in the offers section around September and are there til the end of the season.

Offers section? Where's that?

• Advertisement

Well it's not an offers section; it's the browse jobs box in the office section...

Yea. When you get a job offer do you not get an email?

awec wrote: »
    Yea. When you get a job offer do you not get an email?

Yeah ye do. Normally it starts with "the manager role at"

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anymore Max Clayton/Dale Jennings type players anyone wants to share? Not really feeling the Clayton love, ye he's quick but his shooting & passing aint the best. Ibe is much better IMO

I signed a CB off Forrest, Jammal Lascelles. He's already in the England squad in my game, also Danny Ings off Burnley another good player!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Anymore Max Clayton/Dale Jennings type players anyone wants to share? Not really feeling the Clayton love, ye he's quick but his shooting & passing aint the best. Ibe is much better IMO

I signed a CB off Forrest, Jammal Lascelles. He's already in the England squad in my game, also Danny Ings off Burnley another good player!

There's a guy that plays for Lyon, Bahlouli is his name. Fantastic CAM, unreal dribbling and passing with a decent shot on him too. Think he's pretty cheap too if i remember correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Cheers ill have a look at him so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jack Grealish is another one. Young Irish lad at Villa, outrageous pace but I think Villa want a decent amount for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Ronan Finn is quality too. Even though I only got a year out him but made a cool 1.5m profit after buying him for 100k. Tonne goals and assists he scored for me but need to wait to January for replacement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Signed this young brazilian centre back called luis eduardo and he has grown really fast for my west ham team. Check him out, he's not too tall though.

Strong rumours in the press tonight; Apparently Sam Allardyce has been sacked by West Ham United...
    Will the East End club eye up there local rivals manager as a replacement!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me if there's much of an improvement in the career mode in Fifa 14 on the PS3? Haven't played it since 12, but i do a co-op league with a friend and just trying to figure out if i should just stick with Fifa 13 or get 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone recommend a good young centre midfielder who is a goal threat .. Looking buy one in summer for Liverpool was thinking maybe bidding for Adam maher .. Playin stevie deep like in real life so wanted some one with a few goals in them further up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good young centre midfielder who is a goal threat .. Looking buy one in summer for Liverpool was thinking maybe bidding for Adam maher .. Playin stevie deep like in real life so wanted some one with a few goals in them further up

Coutinho?

If you have cash to spend Julian Draxler is an absolute dream in CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

brady12 wrote: »
    Ruben Pardo, decent playmaker and a good long range shot on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Signed Pirlo on a bosman in January to bring him back to Milan, he was 83 overall. When he arrived he was 76 overall, some drop off. He suddenly forgot how to pass in the space of 6 months :rolleyes: Vision was still 93 but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

draxler wont fit as im using 4 3 3..coutinho good fit but i wanted something else..i was looking at pardo alright

It's xmas time... and I'm stressed out. :p

I have Orient 8th in the league, but have no money and 10 of my first teamers contracts are up at the end of the season.

To add to that; there are about 7 Premier League clubs offering jobs... I've applied for em all and got turned down.

The only club that will accept my application is bottom of the league Cardiff City. I think I might have to jump ship... cause Orient are going bust!!!

Well there's 7 games to go in the 2015/16 Premier League season.
    My Leyton Orient team have hit the magic 40 point mark... currently 9th in the table and relegation has been avoided. Out of both cups tho...

I turned down the Cardiff offer; as they are rock bottom and going down!
    I'll wait til next season to jump ship.

In the interim I have accepted the Republic of Ireland job. Euro 2016 in the summer :pac: My plan is too move club next season and invest money into the youth system and create a batch of Irish talent. Like Belgium now, I'm gonna start a golden age of Irish football. Euro2020 we're gonna win!!!

200px-Ireland_Football_Team_Badge.png

I don't know who Conor Henderson is; but he is 86 overall and only 24. Defo the new Irish captain!

I wish there was a way to say you aren't interested in international management. I keep getting offers but can't be bothered with it. Makes the seasons longer and introduces a lot of meaningless games.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to say you aren't interested in international management. I keep getting offers but can't be bothered with it. Makes the seasons longer and introduces a lot of meaningless games.

I'd agreed about the constant offers from around the world.
    I can get annoying. I'd like if you just take a national job and not have the double jobbing.

Advertisement