Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Well the 2015/16 season has finished. Chelsea won the league on the final day and my Orient team finished 8th. Max Clayton finished with 14 goals.
    Well above expectation! :D

The board has givin me €12.5m for the new season :eek: Delighted.

Signed:
    Kenwyne Jones for 900k.
    Phil Jagielka for 700k.
    Jack Rodwell for €7million (Club record signing)
    Ben Amos for €1m.
    Loaned in Nick Powell for the season too.

That gave my team a new spine for the season.

Ireland weren't in the Euros :(

Arsenal_FC.svg

Well it's huge day in the football world. 10 games into the 2016/17 Premier League season and Arséne Wenger has stepped down as manager of Arsenal Football Club after 20 years in charge at the North London club. Arsenal have not won a major trophy since 2005 and after their bad start to the season, (Currently 10th in the league after 10 games) Arséne has said that he has taken them as far as he could and that it is time for a charge at the Emirates.

The club have acted quickly and hired Leyton Orient's Irish manager on a 5 year deal. He was unveiled to the media today with this to say:

"I am very sad to be leaving Brisbane Road. We've had over 3 years here and successful ones at that and I hope I have left the club with a good platform to build on. But the offer from Arsenal was too good to turn down. 13 years is way too long for a club of this size not to be winning trophies. I plan to fix that straight away and apply the stylish attacking football that this club is famous for".

Arsenal supporters reacted with anger about the appointment; claiming that an FA Trophy and Championship is NOT enough to take on a job this size. Time will tell... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Awesome updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Its taken 3 years but I have got Pompey back to the Championship. Board have been decent and gave me 2m to spend. So brought in Liam Kelly of Bristol City for 1.2m and the top scorer of League 1 last year, Tom Bradshaw of Shrewsbury for 600k part deal with Ryan Taylor. Taylor just didn't have enough about him last year so happy to get rid. Board want a high mid table finish but as I have a midfielder who will replace couple of other big players Ive lost in Barcham and Doyle along with better fire power in Bradshaw to add to Claytons goals, I reckon another playoff could be on the cards hopefully. Quite enjoying this career mode even though the game can be frustrating as hell at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Its taken 3 years but I have got Pompey back to the Championship. Board have been decent and gave me 2m to spend. So brought in Liam Kelly of Bristol City for 1.2m and the top scorer of League 1 last year

Have this fella for Bristol in my career (still in my first season) and he develops steadily enough and is a good all round midfielder. Am very disappointed in Jay Emannuel-Thomas but Baldock is unreal! Had some guy on loan from Bolton that was pretty good too, Odejayi possibly?

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Have this fella for Bristol in my career (still in my first season) and he develops steadily enough and is a good all round midfielder. Am very disappointed in Jay Emannuel-Thomas but Baldock is unreal! Had some guy on loan from Bolton that was pretty good too, Odejayi possibly?

Used Bristol City in a previous career mode too. That was one of the main reasons I went for Kelly as he was one of my best players too and with the three man midfield I play with, I needed more quality especially in the higher division. Bit steep the price but Id say he'll be worth it in the long run.

Yeah Bristol have some decent players alright. The left midfielder Byron and the Irish centre back turn out very good. Actually had more luck playing Thomas LW/LM more so than a forward. Has a wicked left foot on him. Baldock decent but still no Max Clayton:cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Sign Memphis Depay in the early seasons trust me. 18 year old winger from PSV, starts 75 and he's 90 now in my 5th year

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Baldock decent but still no Max Clayton:cool::pac:

Clayton is the hottest property in my game. 14 goals last season with my Orient team and he's only 21. getting better all the time.

Might bring him to Arsenal and see how he develops.

Also this might come in handy for some people who don't like the in game general manager feature.. Picked up some good and cheap Irish players whilst in league 2. Not surprising who becomes one of the highest rated player from the lower divisions in England:D

http://www.futwiz.com/en/career-mode/players?order=potential&s=desc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Rob094 wrote: »
    Sign Memphis Depay in the early seasons trust me. 18 year old winger from PSV, starts 75 and he's 90 now in my 5th year

Or Bakkali, also a winger from PSV, except he's 17. Phenomenal growth.

• Advertisement

Or Bakkali, also a winger from PSV, except he's 17. Phenomenal growth.

Yeah he's impressive, I have him on the Belgian national squad and he's lightening. That said I found Depay to be more rounded and a better goal scored at this stage in my career. Nothing wrong with signing them both early though, you'll have your two wingers sorted for good!

Bakkali just went to Real from Bayern for £45 million in my game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nothing worse than building your entire team around 1 player, then as soon as he gets good he wants to leave. And instead of leaving for 70m, like the offers early in the summer, he's left for 20m with 4 hours left in the transfer window.

It's broken my heart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

awec wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to say you aren't interested in international management. I keep getting offers but can't be bothered with it. Makes the seasons longer and introduces a lot of meaningless games.

Was much worse in fifa 13. A few seasons in, I'd get an offer every single day
    Nothing worse than building your entire team around 1 player, then as soon as he gets good he wants to leave. And instead of leaving for 70m, like the offers early in the summer, he's left for 20m with 4 hours left in the transfer window.

It's broken my heart :(
    Balotelli got to 88 overall and thought he was too big for Milan (who just won Serie A & Champions League)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ShaneU wrote: »
    Balotelli got to 88 overall and thought he was too big for Milan (who just won Serie A & Champions League)

I've restarted over and over, but the board wont give the option for me to sell him or not. Given up on it now, I've never completed more than 5 seasons of a career mode, something like this always ruins it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Decided to give AC Milan a go and revive their glory days. Brought in a few good players for reasonable prices. Ruben Padro from Real Sociedad, Toni Kross from Bayern, Fabian Schar from Basel, Luciano Vietto from Racing Club (Argentina) and Angel Correa in the first season. I sold Balotelli for 30 Mil so gave me enough funds to afford the transfers and never really liked Balotelli :P

I did terrible in the league in first season and beat Inter on the last day to hand Juventus the title! I managed to finish 3rd to get CL spot which was good enough for me as I was building a completely new team.

Got a decent budget of 16 Mil to play with it and suddenly El Shaarawy demands to leave and refused to sell him until the board decided to sell for 7 mil to Man City :mad: I would of squeezed 30 Mil out of him if the board hadn't pulled the switch. Anyway, decided to find an ideal replacement and that was Bakkali from PSV for 12 Mil. With my keeper getting old I brought in a good replacement in Roman Bürki and a strong CB in Inigo Martinez.

Started off the season well and progressed from the group stages in CL and drawn against Man City so I thought I teach them a lesson! Sadly that did not happen as I fought hard and managed to lose 2-0 on away goals. With me out of the running of the cup after beaten by Napoli I've decided to switch my focus on winning the league. It was very tough as Juventus kept pulling away at the top and until they finally cracked when I had superb wins over Napoli and then Inter. With 3 points ahead I had to play Juventus in the last 4 games. It didn't go as planned and got trashed 3-0 which left us level on points with me with the advantage of goal difference. Until Juventus bottled it on the 2nd last match and handed me the title :D

I was so happy and managed to get a very budget of 32 Mil as an reward. Now to top it off with winning the CL and the Cup to complete my Italian job ;)

Here is my current starting eleven:

Burki
    ---De Scillgo
    Schar
    Martinez
    Abate--
    Kroos
    Padro
    Niang
    Correa
    Bakkali--
    Vietto

Review of my new players in AC Milan squad apart from Abate and De Scillgo.

Burki - Good shot stopper and you can buy him for a very cheap price of around 2-5 Mil. He was only 22 when I brought him!

Schar - Strong in the air and brilliant for set pieces and corners. He has excellent feet and able to provide a decent pass to start an attack.

Martinez - Same as Schar, good in the air and for set pieces. He has great feet like Schar and is ideal partnership as I like to start fast paced attacks.

Kroos - I managed to get him at a great price for 19 Mil. He has great vision and plays good forward attacking passes.

Padro - One of my favourite CMs in the game. He has great pace and vision. He has incredible long passing and is quite close to the same level of Paul Scholes!

Niang - I got him back from loan in France and done an incredible job on the wings with his pace and is only 19 so plenty more to see from him yet.

Correa - If you like to start counter attacks he is the man to get. Brilliant control of the ball and has great finishing as well. One of the best CAMs in the game in my opinion. The only disadvantage is that he gets knocked off the ball a lot due to his size.

Bakkali - I was a bit unlucky with him as he got injured a couple of times and only got to see his potential near the end of my 2nd season. He is very fast paced and has great dribbling so ideal if you like to cut in and create space.

Vietto - He only becomes good when you play for a full season and after that he is scoring goals for fun! Very pacey and good shot on him.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Vietto - He only becomes good when you play for a full season and after that he is scoring goals for fun! Very pacey and good shot on him.

Signed this guy in my first window with spurs, used him as a super sub to come on and get around the tired centre backs after the hour mark. Didn't really improve that much and got an offer of about £10million so I decided to let him go.

Fast forward three seasons, my strikers are old and I checked back on Vietto to maybe buy him back. He's now worth £45million and rated 89.

:(

Rob094 wrote: »
    Signed this guy in my first window with spurs, used him as a super sub to come on and get around the tired centre backs after the hour mark. Didn't really improve that much and got an offer of about £10million so I decided to let him go.

Fast forward three seasons, my strikers are old and I checked back on Vietto to maybe buy him back. He's now worth £45million and rated 89.

:(
    Ouch.. yeah it takes a few seasons to get the best out of him and the only issue I have with him is that he is non existint in the air. I'm considering bringing in another striker as a super sub as he seems to be getting injuried quite a bit.

I'm considering bringing in another striker as a super sub as he seems to be getting injuried quite a bit.

Alexandre Lacazette is a good sub striker; young, cheapish and good potential. He's pacey and strong with a decent shot which is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'm in my 7 season with Shrewsbury Town. Been in the premiership for 4 of them with 2nd being my best finish. I've won the FA Cup once and the Carling Cup twice, yet I've never been offered a job elsewhere. I've applied for the Liverpool job twice but I've been turned down on both occasions.

Am I not getting offers because I'm Just not good enough?

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've never been offered a job either and I have won La Liga, the Champions League, the Spanish cup all in 1 season with Sevilla. I'm always rejected for jobs too.

I am starting to think that if you want club job offers you need to do well as an international manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I got so pished off about not getting job offers that i got myself sacked. Just started playing the 2nd string & simmed all the matches.

In the 10+ seasons ive played ive won domestic & european trophies but yet no job offers, strange.

I think awec is right that you need to have a successfull international career to get the job offers.

I think awec is right that you need to have a successfull international career to get the job offers.

Arsenal offered me the job for doing well with Leyton Orient...
    Didn't do anything internationally. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Really? Couldn't be arsed puttin the time into International mgmt anymore

Arsenal offered me the job for doing well with Leyton Orient...
    Didn't do anything internationally. :confused:
    If thats the case then the game is a meanie :P

I dunno how it works then.

I would expect at least some offers even if not from the massive clubs.

Started a career with Liverpool. All going great and with 10 hours to go Suarez decides he wants to leave right after getting a Hatrick and a pay rise. Arsehole!

Started a career with Liverpool. All going great and with 10 hours to go Suarez decides he wants to leave right after getting a Hatrick and a pay rise. Arsehole!

Just ignore it and don't sell him.

awec wrote: »
    Just ignore it and don't sell him.

I was forced too.

• Advertisement

Aye the board in FIFA MM are horrible to you in the first season but after you win the league they seem to let you ignore transfer requests.

Advertisement