Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 Career Mode

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ive a strict policy if a player wants to leave he leaves, ill always agreee to it. Just milk the most money you can & find a suitable replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I pulled 35m for him and replaced him with Balotelli. Stupid move on my part. Should have just stuck with Aspas and Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Question lads, Always thought abouut Career mode, started up with Cork City a couple of times over the last few FIFAS but what ended up happening Id draw / lose first 7/8 games then get better and win most of the season and it gets boring..

Do settings change throughout the season as you get the knack of it?
    Or do you normally increase the difficulty end of season etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

AC Milan became the invicibles of Italy by losing zero games! An easy season as I had an unstoppable team and a force to be reckoned with. I've signed Januzaj from United and Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon who both had a great season.

Decided I pay more attention to winning the cup so I got Torino in the Quarter Final and demolished them 6-0. Roma was the next opponent and apparently my tactics went out the window when they scored a crucial header in the first few minutes. I kept probing and probing at their defences but no luck. I got frustrated and letted in 2 goals as the consquence. I will try again with more determination next season!

My Champions League campaign was a very difficult start with Real Madrid, Marseille and Ajax in my group :( I managed to top the group with incredible wins over Real Madrid, Marseille and Ajax. Thanks to my top finish in the group I had a relatively easy KO game against Stuttgart who I trashed 5-0 and 3-0 on two occassions. Quarter Final was against Manchester City who knocked me out of last year's CL R16 so a revenge was on the agenda! I successfully beaten them 2-0 at the Ethiad and lost 1-0 at San Siro which gave me a 1 goal lead on aggregate. Borrusia Dortmund were my next opponents for that place in the final. It was like a dog fight! Both teams tearing each other to pieces with high tackles and aggressive tackling. I got so pissed off and decided to hit them back which resulted in me getting two players sent off! :P I managed to hold on and grabbed a crucial 2-2 draw which some fine finishes outside the box. With my two players sent off from the first leg I managed to successfully grab an early goal and hold on for the full 90 minutes with a full flowing counter attacking game! It was probarly the toughest game I've played against the CPU on world class!

Onto the final in Wembley in an all Italian final against Juventus. With Januzaj returning from injury it was the perfect time to clinch the most anticapted trophy! However it resulted in failure as Juventus defended extremely well for the entire match and Thibaut Courtois was a hero for Juventus as he prevented a lot great chances. In the 80ish minute Benteke scored an unstoppable header from a good cross and but was too late to score an equaliser.

I thought I should won the treble this season but sometimes luck doesn't work out. A 22 million budget was given so I plan to spend on replacing ageing Abate at RB so anyone suggest a decent RB?

My starting eleven :

Burki
    Abate
    Schar----Martinez
    De Scigglo
    Kroos
    Padro

Correa

Vietto/Lacazette(super sub)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Scout Sam Byram RB off Leeds. I signed him in my 2nd season and he quickly rose up to 80+ overall.

Also Jon Flanagan, Tomas Kalas, or Nathaniel Clyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Montoya from Barcelona is a good pacey RB. He's small and not all that strong though so I suppose he's only great for bombing forward.

Then there's always Kyle Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Danilo of Porto is your only man for RB.

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Question lads, Always thought abouut Career mode, started up with Cork City a couple of times over the last few FIFAS but what ended up happening Id draw / lose first 7/8 games then get better and win most of the season and it gets boring..

Do settings change throughout the season as you get the knack of it?
    Or do you normally increase the difficulty end of season etc?

Once you go on a win streak your players play with more confidence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Van Rhijn is also a decent option at RB, starts off at 74 i think and has rose close to 80 for me, I usually just start him for a season or two and then he's back up. Can do a decent job at CB i've found too.

Advertisement