Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor games for rainy days?

• 21-10-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

I’ve a very small Yorkie who does not like walking on rainy days....a bit of drizzle is ok but days like today where its heavy she won’t go out. I’ve a couple of indoor games that she like's but I’m looking for new ideas...anyone got some good indoor games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Hide and seek!! (my young dog goes insane EVERY time he finds us!) - someone holds your yorkie, you go off and hide, then call the dog!
    Wrap a treat/bit of kibble up in many sheets of newspaper. Use sellotape! let dog see you do it. Its a pain to clean up all the little bits, but great fun to watch
    Hide a treat under a bucket/something the dog has to knock over to get at
    Tug of war with old socks
    Put a bit of kibble/treat under a rug. Let her see you do this. See her work out how to get under it to get at the treat!
    If you have a long hall, sit on the floor at one end. Get a soft ball, and throw it down the length of the hall, hopefully the dog will BRING it back to you. If not, you need another person at the other end of the hall to throw it back to you. Let her catch it sometimes!
    My daughter used to put an 'obstacle course' in our hall - just little boxes, bit of sticks propped up with bowls/anything your dog can jump over - you hold the dog, someone else goes to the other end and calls dog. Change the jumps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Aonb love your suggestions, neither of my dogs love going out in the rain either! Must tell my son about these, might keep him and the dogs amused for a while:D

Advertisement