Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from iPhone to Lumia, which one?

• 21-10-2013 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some advice from current Lumia users on which phone might be the best one for me to switch to. I currently have an iphone 3gs and want to move. I've looked at a working Lumia in TCW and I think I really like the look and feel of windows 8. So. I've done some comparisons and am trying to decide between the 820 and 925. I have looked at the 625 also but its more expensive than the 820 and the 820 has more ram and better processor, also 625 seems not be compatible with 4g?

The two biggest differences I can see between the 820 and the 925 are
    1) price (€161 in the difference)
    2) battery life (925 looks much better in this regard)

Are there any other pro's and con's that I should take into account? I guess what I'm really wondering is whether the 925 is worth the extra €161 as I'll be buying online from pixmania.

would appreciate your thoughts..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

The 925 has a better camera, with optical image stabilisation, and scratch resistant gorilla glass for the screen. I don't like the size of it though.

Try clove.co.uk, amazon.co.uk and handtec.co.uk for prices. Can be cheaper than pixmania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

IIRC the 625 is indeed 4G ready, and that must be what is pushing the cost.

Of the two you suggested the 925 is definitely better but it does have the bigger screen and personally I prefer the colourful carbon bodies off the other lumias over the aluminium cover of the 925.

If the 820 is a runner at all, I would recommend you knock it and start weighing up the 920 vs. the 925.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

thanks senordingdong I thought the price of the 920 was closer to the 925 but seems that I can get one for around €280 on Amazon so I will definitely consider that, looks like there's very little difference between it and the 925 or at least nothing that would matter to me, plus its 32g memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You're right, there's not much difference, that's why the sequential number only went up to 925 from 920, unlike the 1020 which has more differences.

It was touted that the 925 has a superior camera but all the reading I've done suggests it's the same as the 920.
    It is lighter than the 920 but the extra bulk was a killer for me.

Advertisement