Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deactivating aritech alarm for builders

Options
  • 21-10-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have window guys coming to my house tomorrow and am anticipating some problems with the alarm. It's an Aritech, here's a pic of it: http://www.apolloalarms.ie/ViewPictures.aspx
    I had it installed about 15 years ago.
    Is there some code I could put in to stop it from blaring when the guys yank the windows out? Thanks, Catherine

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not unless you have the engineer code. The default is 01278.
    It should only go off the once when the sensor is opened. Your user code is fine to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cathblackrock

Thanks for this, that's a great help. Catherine

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome catherine.
    Any bother give us a shout.

Hi there, thanks for this advice. The builders had no problems taking off the sensors, they didn't need the code after all.

However, what's now after happening is that when I went to deactivate the alarm this morning (I have it on part guard during the night), it said, 'zone open' or something like that. I ignored that and went to put the code in. The alarm went bananas and is now blaring away, thankfully on the outside of the house and not the inside. My user code doesn't work. When I put in the 01278 code, at first it said 'code accepte', but then it said 'arret impossible'. It's taken to French, it seems. The alarm is still blaring. I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thankfully it's not 4am.

Thanks, Catherine

Sounds like somehow it has defaulted. Try the default user code 01122.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this invaluable advice! It only blared for about 10 minutes, then the police came round. A neighbour phoned them. Well, if they were that concerned about me, why didn't they phone me directly?! Such a waste of police time. The alarm light is still red, so I'm wondering will it go off again when I try to leave the flat. It's a reasonable time of day now, so I'll try soon. Thanks again, very much appreciated. Catherine

It is still in an armed state so it may activate again. Did you try 01122?

Advertisement