Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New technology store opening in Nov. 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I was right! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I was right! :D

You are both CEX before Xmas and iConnect in the new year. Great additions to the centre, as a local I am well pleased.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

ah yes but this thread was asking what store is opening on 30th November

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The thread wasn't about any tech store, though. It was about a job listing for an Apple Premium Reseller, which CEX obviously isn't.

And I don't know about Whitewater, but iConnect is opening in Liffey Valley on the 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

JeffK88 wrote: »

Cash for gold shop of sorts. Expect everything to be kept behind large glass cases the same as the one beside terry michaels store.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Damien360 wrote: »
    Cash for gold shop of sorts. Expect everything to be kept behind large glass cases the same as the one beside terry michaels store.

Other CeX stores in Ireland aren't like that. They have franchises as well as centrally owned ones so I've no idea whether they're all the same.

I think it's iConnect we are all looking forward too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

They've got iConnect logos and graphics on the hoarding at the front of the shop in the Whitewater with an opening date of something like the 11th or 12th December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

• Advertisement

Wow looks like they will be selling iPhones as well no more trips to Belfast to pickup a new model.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't think that's right. No mention of iPhones on their website.

http://i-connect.ie

Afaik Apple don't allow resellers to sell unlocked iPhones. They can only do so if they are also resellers for the networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

I don't think that's right. No mention of iPhones on their website.

http://i-connect.ie

Afaik Apple don't allow resellers to sell unlocked iPhones. They can only do so if they are also resellers for the networks.

They'll be resellers for a network (eMobile possibly?).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So we've got two different networks of not-quite-Apple Stores now. Apple show zero mercy towards premium resellers when they decide to open in a market as I've seen with the chain of a few in Brighton that were unable to compete when Apple went in to Churchill Square. If compub and iConnect sell too much gear, Apple will be in with a store and kill them. Horrible situation to be in.

Went into the one in Liffey Valley at lunch, nice store exactly like a compub store.
    Speaking to the manager they will be stocking phones but not before xmas most likely.
    Went to buy a iPad Air smart case and there till system does not except Ulster Bank cards so could not purchase it.
    Bit is a shambles by the payment merchant they are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Went into the one in Liffey Valley at lunch, nice store exactly like a compub store.
    Speaking to the manager they will be stocking phones but not before xmas most likely.
    Went to buy a iPad Air smart case and there till system does not except Ulster Bank cards so could not purchase it.
    Bit is a shambles by the payment merchant they are using.

It was probably linked to the problems ulster bank had yesterday.

I presume the whitewater store will be selling phones as well. Do resellers get iPhones when they are released?

Advertisement