Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email on desktop, iphone and ipad

Options
  • 21-10-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I have an old @eircom.net email address.

I want to keep it as I use it for business. I have it setup on my outlook mail client on my desktop computer but since I also have an iphone and an ipad I have setup that email account on them also. On the iphone and ipad the setting is set to "not delete the emails from server".

Unfortunately if all 3 devices are on I will receive the email on my desktop but they do not arrive on my ipad or iphone. If my desktop is powered off, the emails arrive on my other devices and then upon starting my desktop, the emails arrive there.

Is there anyway I could sync my emails similar to gmail so they arrive on all devices and are available on all devices. I means if an email has already arrived onto my desktop it will still be accessible on my phone and ipad.

I can access my person gmail on all three devices and can access old emails even though I may not have originally read them on that device.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You'll have to set Outlook on the desktop to leave the messages on the server as well.

1wILD9q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

you can set it up as a POP3 account in Gmail and it will then be available anywhere you can access Gmail (no need to have Outlook installed on the PC then) - you can set Gmail up to leave the mail on the server too and if you want to it is great at things like Reply from the same address to which the message was sent and I find the Gmail client much better than the Apple email client for managing multiple accounts

Or another option would be to use Outlook.com and you can set up POP3 there too

Advertisement