Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flea treatment

• 21-10-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a flea treatment that they've used that kills fleas within hours/days please, for use on cats and dogs?

Does the likes of Frontline Plus, which claim to kill adult fleas within 24hours, actually work that quickly?

Has anyone used the Frontline spray, or similar, and thought they worked better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

My vet sprayed my foster kittens with Frontline, few hours later (about 6) there were still the odd one but they were on their last legs. Next day no sign whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The only treatment I know of that actually immediately kills fleas is called Capstar, it's not a preventative treatment though so you would have to follow up with something like frontline. I think you can use Capstar once a day, you basically give it orally and within an hour the fleas start to die, so you need to give a thorough brushing to get them all out. If you see any the next day just repeat the dose and brush again! You can only get it in vets as far is a know so they would be able to advise you on a follow up preventative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HopperSheena

Hi RosieJoe, Just came across your post. I know of a something that works in killing fleas half an hour after treatment called Comfortis and kills them in a day before they lay eggs. You can only get it from your vet as far a I know.

Advertisement