Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom -Installing new phone line

• 21-10-2013 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I have an old phone line which is in shreds as it came into the house into a bathroom which has now corroded all the wires. I am currently with Imagine Wimax and have ordered Magnet FatPipe. I have been told that Eircom will arrive on Wednesday to install the new phone line. Can I ask for them to put the phone line into a certain room or how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

Vuzuggu, installation technicians usually take the path of least resistance and just connect the line at the local exchange and if you already have a line in the house, they will install a box at where it was previously installed.
    If you ask nicely they may wire it to a different location for you, but this is extra effort and usually requires extra wiring and / or splitters - which they may or may not charge for.

It's not a difficult job to do yourself after the fact, I've done it many times.

Cheers.

Advertisement