Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i return these shoes to a different shop?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I ordered a pair of Converse online in a 7 and they're too big for me, a 6/6.5 would fit much better. the box doesn't have any packaging to state where they were bought, just the usual Converse sticker on the end. could I bring them back to a shop here and swap them for another size? Said website is sold out of all sizes now and if I post them back for a refund I will be out about €10 for postage :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you trying to bring back the shoes to the bricks & mortar store from the same retailer? Or are you trying to return to a completely different retailer? Sorry, but it's just not completely clear from your post

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ForeverYoungx

sorry! I bought them from ASOS, so I was going to try and swap them at a shop here (elverys/lifestyle/whatever shop has them in stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Your wouldn't be the first to try op but I doubt you'll get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

This is exactly the kind of thing they give out about in the Cries Of Retail thread :p

No shop in their right mind would do this without a receipt, people try to get away with it every day, they're not complete idiots

Alright thanks for the replies! Looks like i'll have to post them back...last time i'll chance buying shoes online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

sorry! I bought them from ASOS, so I was going to try and swap them at a shop here (elverys/lifestyle/whatever shop has them in stock)

To be honest, not a chance. No shop will take back goods sold by a different retailer.

In future, it's a good idea to try on a couple of shoes from a brand so you know how their sizing works. You can then feel reasonably confident when ordering online.

thanks for the reply i wasn't looking to get store credit or money back or anything, just swap for the exact same ones in a different size. i understand though. thanks for the reply

Advertisement