Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 21-10-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know I have been slowly but surely upgrading my foxing set up. Today was a great day with the lightforce HID and the Kaps scope returned in the post today.. And a day off to flute around too..

This is my near complete foxing set up. When I say near complete I may change out the scope to a variable mag one next year but I'd imagine 8x56 will sit with me for a good while.. I like to keep things as simple as possible. Point and shoot 50/55gr vmax done and dusted.. Rairly take foxes over 200 yards so for now she will do.

I decided a stock was up for the chop from day one when I collected my Tikka. Having grown up with his kids and the man basically living in my home town I didn't have much of a hard time deciding on getting Edi of PSE composites to make the stock for me. The time and detail the guy puts into his work is endless and you are truly getting a once off piece of precision and beauty. His endless knowledge and general manner is a great guy to be around! I'm sure my array of questions wrecked his head but I never heard of it :D His ETAC range are some of the finest stocks on the market! You just can't imagine the time and detail that goes into his products and value for money is simply outstanding. #69 was my serial number.. Slight palm swell on the left side as im a bear paw while always shoot RH guns..

Specs so far

Tikka T3 223 in 1in8twist
    Pse T3 stock pse green
    Kaps 8x56 #4
    Warne steel ring mounts
    Ai ten shot mag
    Roedale ultralight mod
    Cheap arse bipod

I haven't had a chance to zero yet but all going well I'll be out for a fox within the week!

Apologys for the poor pics. I'll get some decent ones up when it stops lashing outside.

20131021_155753_zps32de11a2.jpg

20131021_155814_zpsda1fefcc.jpg

'hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Looks great man, Fair play. I've had a chance to fondle one of those stocks a while ago fantastic workmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ryan0

Seriously nice setup :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

She is looking great.

I like the subtle look. IOW when you have to look closely to see the changes made. It's not some gaudy, stick out like a sore thumb design that cannot shoot for crap.

As for the stocks, Edi does some really nice ones, and although i don't own one i've shot a fair few rifles with them, and they are the biz.

Get up a few more pictures and keep us updated on any future mods.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

That is a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Cheers lads

Zero'd up now and hopefully out for a tail before the weeks out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

That rig looks fantastic if you dont mind me asking where did you get the ai mag kit im thinking of putting one on my t3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

That rig looks fantastic if you dont mind me asking where did you get the ai mag kit im thinking of putting one on my t3

It came with the stock. You can get them from the same person making the stocks. As far as i know.

http://http://www.pse-composites.com

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

CHeers for the kind words..

The kaps scope and the HID lightforce are just a surreal combination..

fine reticle on the Kaps is easily spotted under the hid.. really is a dream...

the stocks comb meets me beautifully and the lenient eye relief on the Kaps make it a doddle for the snap shots

The stock off the bipod is just such a joy to shoot. Meets the hands well sits in tight and feels so much more compared to the anorexic tikka stock..

http://www.pse-composites.com/

Go there and drool :D

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Have pretty much the same stack as yours, right handed tikka with a left handed palm swell.

I have yet to see someone who handled my stalking rifle without being impressed by it! Wouldn't dream of changing it... Well unless it was for an E-tac!

Advertisement