Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to the US in December - Do I need any documents?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have flown into the USA before, but always with a holiday booking agency.

This time, things are just a little different, I booked my flights directly with Aer Lingus.

I have an ESTA, and an address for a place where I will be staying, I have a valid passport and I have proof of a return flight which I will be coming home with. I have also filled in the Advanced Passenger Information on my tickets with Aer Lingus.

Is there anything else I need to have in order to clear security in Terminal 2 - Dublin, and in New York? Is there stuff that the agents normally do for you, that I haven't done in this case?

Thanks.

L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

You've got everything covered.

The process at Dublin airport is pretty straight forward, he'll take your passport, you'll give your fingerprints and have a photo taken and he'll send you on your way. He will probably just confirm the address with you and maybe ask you your purpose of being in the US.

When you get to NY you come into the domestic terminal, there is no more security checks. You just go get your luggage and you'll be through and you're on your way to the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

You've got everything covered.

The process at Dublin airport is pretty straight forward, he'll take your passport, you'll give your fingerprints and have a photo taken and he'll send you on your way. He will probably just confirm the address with you and maybe ask you your purpose of being in the US.

you also need to fill in a Custom's Declaration form and identify your bags to the CBP agent.

Advertisement