Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking - Sunday/Monday

Options
  • 21-10-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas as to the best option would be to park safely in Dublin on a Sunday through to Monday lunchtime, somewhere around O'Connell st, but don't mind if its a bit away from it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You can pre-book 24 hours in Marlborough Street Q-Park (parallel to O'Connell Street) for €13 http://www.q-park.ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/dublin/q-park-clerys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Be aware the marathon is on Monday, scroll down the page here

http://www.dublincity.ie/roadsandtraffic/scheduleddisruptions/pages/scheduleddisruptionshome.aspx

to the Marathon section to make sure wherever you leave your car you'll be able to drive it away from Monday lunchtime

(apologies for un-asked for info if you didn't mean this Sunday/Monday, I love the guys in the Q Park on Marlborough St, if you do end up parking there it's a good spot and they're really helpful)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Isn't on street parking free on a Sunday and bank holidays??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Filibuster wrote: »

Yep. Free on street parking on bank holidays. Some pay and display are free in a Sunday or else you just have to pay between 2-6, depending in the location.

OP you should try Capel St. (You need to pay until 6 on a Sunday) or anywhere behind Capel St. (Green street or Halston street - free on sundays). Both free on bank holiday Mon.

It's a 5-10 minute walk from O Connell Street. I've parked my car there loads of times overnight, no problems.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They are but the OP didn't specify if it was this coming Sunday or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Make sure you check the on street signs as well. Not all parking around OCS is free on Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

Thanks all. Id have preferred to park in a carpark as I am only up in dublin for the night. Looks like the pre-booking with Q-Park for 24 hours is 0.00 - 0.00, so looks like booking Sunday afternoon - Monday afternoon isn't an option. Might try the on street parking as it is this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

I got caught by that before. It's not actually midnight to midnight. When I rang them up, they said the 24 hours started from when I drove in. You need to bring the ticket to the reception after you park I think with your code from booking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

Thanks Voy. Thats confusing, surprised it doesnt say that on the website. Might book that Clerys one then as it sounds ideal, last time I used the Four Courts one and it cost twice as much on the day. I presume there is a manned reception at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Free on Bank Holidays, but you have to pay for a small area from St. Stephen's Green to Parnell Square on Sundays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement