Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux and wifi

Options
  • 21-10-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Iv installed linux mint 14 on an old compaq 6720s. The wireles card is listed when i type lspci in terminal.
    However when i type ifconfig it only lists the ethernet connection.
    Infact the wireless card isnt listed anywhere except for when i type lspci in the terminal window.

im a complete novice with linux.

Any solutions?

many thanks.

Edit:
    I was after leaving the ethernet cable plugged in :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 finnci

You get that sorted?

I had a similar problem where the default wifi card drivers weren't compatible for my eircom router, linux 13.04 though I think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

lspci just reads it's ID, it doesn't mean it supports it or that a driver is present for it. With the info from the lspci command you should be able to identify the network adapter and see what it needs.

Advertisement