Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

architecture programs

Options
  • 21-10-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

What architecture progrm Is better...UCD, strathclyde , or university of sydney.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭PaperArchitect

All those programmes are extremely different and it would be inappropriate to make a comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RoboWifeBeater

Hey man, been wondering the same thing, and have applied to several schools in Scotland too.

Unfortunately I know precious little about architecture as taught in the Scottish schools. I hear generally mixed reviews, though usually good, and I have a friend visited Glasgow School of Art and Design and said it looked very good.

I have, however, studied architecture in UCD for a year, and so I can tell you a little about that.

Basically, and I think this will be true no matter where you go, it's a very difficult course in a few ways. Chief among them being that it's extremely time consuming. You'll be looking at a timetable that says 9-5 four out of 5 days a week, but realistically to achieve the targets you'll need to be there 9-8 a lot, go in Saturdays, and be able to handle a few all nighters.

It's also difficult in that you need to be an imaginative person, have reasonably good drawing skills at least, and learn to embrace criticism.

The flip side to all this is that it's very rewarding, and the fact that it takes much of your time just means you won't be sitting around bored.
    I left, went and did arts, realised how much I missed it and am now going back.

Good luck any way dude, and let me know if you hear anything about the Scottish schools!

Advertisement