Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed one of our cats attacking another

• 21-10-2013 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I went out for an hour today, got home and found a very stressed out and battered Toby in the kitchen by the catflap, Felix was guarding the hall and Jazzy had gone out. When I went up to our bedroom the duvet cover was torn and there was fur everywhere. By the looks of it Felix found Toby on our bed and attacked him, badly.

Felix has always been aggressive to Toby but the Zylkene was helping for a good while, over the past week he's been harrassing him again though. I had Toby the vet for a urinary tract infection this afternoon, the 2nd one this month and I'm worried the stress from being hassled by Felix is making it worse.

Felix only has to see him to start howling at him and posturing in his face. We have Felix on Zylkene, we've got a Feliway in the living room and another ordered for upstairs. We play with them every day, they get lots of fuss, we feed them together in their pecking order, Felix first. I'm really at the end of my tether now and I'm worried it's gonna get worse. If anyone has any constructive advice I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

I feel your pain....9 year old cat won't accept 1 year old at all and has started to spray around the house despite Feliway upstairs and downstairs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated:confused::(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Did I read that right, that the attack happened after the visit to the vet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

DBB wrote: »
    Did I read that right, that the attack happened after the visit to the vet?
    No, sorry I wasn't very clear on that. It happened before we went to the vet. I had Felix(the aggressor) at the vet today for another checkup on his ear, thats causing him a lot of pain, he's on painkillers and is now on his 3rd week of antibiotics for the ear. It's a problem he had since before he arrived to us. The vet gave him a thorough checkup and his hind area is very sore, probably from Mondays fight.

Am just at my wits end with it all. Things have been more settled since Monday. They're staying out of each others way. Toby was on the bed with me yesterday morning and growled at Felix when he came into the room until Felix went back out, so I'm guessing Toby won the war on Monday.

I've got Feliway plug ins in the problem areas and Felix is on Zylkene. I'm really hoping that they've sorted it out now, being big cats they did each other a lot of damage.

Advertisement