Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land owner permission

Options
  • 21-10-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I would like to apply for a gun licence and was wondering what the procedure for getting permission from landowners for the licence is? Is there a certain form I need to give them that they need to fill out or do I just type up a letter? Also would anybody recommend landowners in the East Cork area?

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rambo85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to apply for a gun licence and was wondering what the procedure for getting permission from landowners for the licence is?
    Write out a couple of lines where the landowner grans you permission to shoot on his/her land. You sign it, they sign, and Bob's your Uncle.
    Is there a certain form I need to give them that they need to fill out or do I just type up a letter?
    Just type it up yourself. For example:

I "Paddy Bloggs" give Rambo85 permission to shoot on all lands owned by me for the purpose of vermin control and hunting game during the appropriate seasons."

Date it
    Two of you sign it
    If possible get folio numbers, but this is not vital.

It does not have to be a novel. Once the permission is granted in any format the Gardaí are satisfied.
    Also would anybody recommend landowners in the East Cork area?

Thanks,
    I cannot help you there, but i doubt others would be too forthcoming with names, and areas as it's their permissions, and frankly they don't know you.

The best bet, and what most people will/would recommend is get feet on the ground and start knocking doors. You will be refused, but don't let that put you off. Also if you have one permission it helps to try neighbours of that permission and tell them you are already shooting "Paddy Bloggs" land. It puts their mind at ease if they know a neighbour is already allowing you.

Best of luck with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I just made this up and printed them out, always keep them in the Van as you never know, I prefer to have it in writing instead of word of mouth incase I'm confronted by a Neville Nobody, I can ask him if he likes Apples before producing written permission.

To whom this may concern,

I (NAME)_______________________________ of
    (ADDRESS)_______________________________________________________
    ________________________________________________________________.
    Here by give permission to ******* ******, of ********* ***** *********** Co Cork,
    Permission to hunt Fox, Rabbit, Deer and other Game on my land containing __________ Acres.

Signed:________________________________.

Print:__________________________________.

Phone Number:_________________________________.

Date:_____________________

Folio Number:_________________________

You can leave out the Folio number and reference to Deer but you get the drift, if it's easy for the Farmer all the better.

* does not refer to my expletive ridden general conversation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

Cass thanks for the reply,

Going to get the letters prepared straight away,I thought that might be the case with asking about landowners but ya never know, I have a few farmers in mind,

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rambo85

Aussie thanks that letter will do great,

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd work of Aussie's letter. Much more detailed yet not too long either.

Hope you get sorted asap.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

You can thank CliveJ for the idea and general message, he posted something like it almost 2 years ago, I promptly dumped my semi literate dribble for his idea, with a few changes to suit...

:pac:

Advertisement